We are now seeking a qualified and experienced individual to join our team as the Safety Advisor-Puntland/Galmudug Region, a position based in Garowe.
The start date for the position is December 2020.
Safety Advisor positions are highly rewarding roles, offering a unique opportunity to work in a close-knit team giving security analysis and advice that is not only some of the best of its kind, but that is also vital to the efforts of the NGO community to deliver aid and assistance to the thousands of people who need it.
Successful candidates will be outgoing and resilient, with the ability to analyze complex security issues and contexts, give sound practical safety and security advice, communicate to an excellent standard of English both verbally and in writing, and above all else share INSO s commitment to humanitarian principles.
•INSO Representative in Puntland/Galmudug, providing high level liaison and coordination services with NGOs, UN, line Ministers and other relevant actors to support and maintain credible security and safety related information
•To manage INSO team in Puntland/Galmudug region.
•To produce timely and credible reports and contextual analysis with his team in close collaboration with the Deputy Director with a focus on Puntland/Galmudug.
•To supervise national staff, and account for all the expenses and contracts with suppliers of INSO in Puntland/Galmudug in coordination with the Operations Manager & Finance Manager.
•To support NGOs on security management and organize any emergency response, upon request.
•Effectively represent, promote and protect INSO's mandate of independence, impartiality and neutrality.
* Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
* Proven writing, editing, and analytical skills and attention to detail.
* Significant experience in volatile environments.
* Personal and professional resilience in a fast moving, high output, quality-driven program.
* Experience in the humanitarian, and/or risk management and/or humanitarian access sectors.
* Independent drive, motivation, and excellence, and ability to operate and sustainably manage staff and teams under strict systems and deadlines.
* Well-developed personal, personnel, organisational and team management skills and standards in a diverse multi-cultural setting.
* Demonstrable understanding of humanitarian safety practices and principles.
* Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
* Graduate level education in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
* Recent professional experience in Somalia in the humanitarian sector.
* Prior experience in an inter-agency role.
* Local language skills.
* Experience with NGO security and/or project management.
* Existing local information networks.
Key Personal Competencies:
* Leadership skills
* A good listener
* An effective communicator
* Excellent analyst
* Team player
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* A people manager
* Outgoing and proactive personality
INSO s Safeguarding Policy:
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
As such, the following safe recruitment practices will be applied:
* All offers of employment will be conditional on receiving at least two satisfactory professional references;
* INSO will ask candidates about significant gaps in employment history or frequent changes of employer and address;
* All essential qualifications and relevant professional accreditations and memberships will be verified;
* The successful candidate will be required to provide a valid proof of identity (passport, ID card);
* All new hires will receive an orientation in INSO s safeguarding policy and procedures and associated documents (Code of Conduct, Whistleblowing etc.);
* All new hires will be required to sign and abide by the Code of Conduct as a condition of employment.
Terms & Conditions: 12-month contract with expected start date on 1st December 2020, 4,550 per month salary, 4 days annual leave per month, 7 days of R&R every two months, 1,250 allowance each R&R cycle, housing, global medical coverage and USD $200,000 AD&D coverage.