The Security Manager performs tasks in developing, implementing, managing, and coordinating programs designed to effectively address school security needs. The Employee works with and reports to the Operations Manager.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinates a comprehensive school security program, including creating and implementing security policies and procedures; establishing internal controls; conducting inspections as appropriate; reporting potential hazards to appropriate departments.
• Evaluate health and safety practice and procedures for risk assessment and following legal guidelines.
• Conduct accident prevention training and health and safety training.
• Inspect equipment for unsafe workplace conditions.
• Monitor employee conformity to safety laws and policies.
• Investigate accidents and incidents to find cause and take prevention measures for further incidents.
• Suggest solutions, improvements and prevention steps for safety issues.
• Create and implement workplace health and safety plans and procedures.
• Conducts and coordinates security, emergency preparedness, and health and safety training by developing, scheduling, and/or facilitating training programs for staff, students and public officials relating to school security and emergency preparedness including:
• Security breaches of any type
• Political or other domestic disturbances including terrorist acts
• Secures facilities, equipment, students, and personnel by working in coordination with the appropriate departments in recommending safety and security equipment purchases and upgrades; maintaining records of fire and other emergency drills and conducting drills when appropriate; supervising and maintaining access control and key distribution; ensuring all equipment including security cameras and technology are in working order
• Budget; works with Finance and Operations Departments for capital improvements as needed expenditures
• Assists in the development and implementation of security plans for special events
• Informs, advises, and assists the Head of Administration, Legal Affairs and Operations Managers in matters involving illegal activities on school campus
• Coordinates within the Operations Department to address and correct safety/security issues on school campus
• Prepares memos, reports, drawings, etc. related to safety and traffic issues on or near school campus, presenting them to the Operations Manager
• Security Manager participates in annual trainings to stay current on laws, policies and procedures regarding school safety
• Attends meetings as required
• Performs other related work as required
More than 7 years