Scope of Work
The person will be responsible for the estimation and submission of proposals for fabrication jobs and installation as supplied by the Company to all interested parties for projects. This will require blue print interpretation, scope take-offs, estimating and preparation of the proposal. Following the sale, he will be responsible to continue their relationship with the client in providing all submittals and change orders for changes in scope. After the sale, he is expected to team up with project managers, field superintendents, crews and fabrication staff to see the project through to completion. Furthermore, following points should also be noted on day to day practice:
1) Identify new potential customers, generate new inquiries and conversion of its orders.
2) Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
3) Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
4) Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
5) Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
6) Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
7) Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
8) Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications which shall be provided by company.
9) Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
10) Should be able to work under pressure.
11) Should be able to Multi-task in the company as & when required.
1) Candidate should have a UAE work experience of 4 years minimum in a fabrication company.
2) Should be capable to provide accurate project duration for each bid.
3) Capable to read and understand any type of fabrication drawing to propose accurate costing for each component and services cost behind its production.
4) Familiar with various codes for fabrication such as ASME Sec IX, ASME Sec V, ASME Sec VIII Div 1, ASTM A370, ASME SEC II, UG Code – General Requirements of All Construction Methods and Materials and Part UW – Requirements for Pressure Vessels Fabricated by Welding.
5) Well qualified in the utilization of software such as: MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel); MS Projects or Primavera; AutoCAD
1) Problem Solving Skills
2) Communication Skills
3) Thinking Skills