PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The primary role of this position is to support the sales department in understanding the applications in both municipal and industrial wastewater, drinking water and process water in the region. The Sales Development Manager (SDM) is responsible for sharing knowledge and understanding of all applications pertaining to the use of Hach instrumentation offered from the laboratory and process business units. The SDM will accomplish this utilizing development training and solution selling implementation and Key Account mentality via site visits with the sales teams.
As part of business support, the SDM will plan and assist in customer focused webinars and workshops form the headquarter/home office as well as at customer premises.
This position is based upon working in close collaboration with the existing sales teams and their managers in the region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To provide process knowledge and support to the sales teams by accompanying Sales Engineers/Consultants on customer visits with a view to providing the customer with expert advice on applications and solutions.
• The provision of site surveys and process appraisals to assess the suitability of any given instrument for the application in hand.
• To have knowledge of engineering solutions in case the standard offering cannot work within the existing process.
• To assist the sales team with the preparation of offers and technical proposals, including; instrument location diagrams, detailed proposal specifications and structure and price when necessary.
• To provide customer training on applications, locally or remotely.
• To identify potential areas for new business by utilizing existing solutions and also target growth potential for process solution development.
• To engage in new product roll outs by training the sales team with regards to its usage and applications.
• To engage in regular training of the sales team with regards to applications and water treatment processes in general.
• To prepare and deliver instrument and application related presentations at specified industry conferences, trade fairs and customer offices.
• To liaise with management to provide detailed forecasts and action plans for the growth of the business.
• To provide general process support to the sales team during trials of instruments on site.
• Collects and reports information on all competitive activity, business opportunities, sales trends and results within the assigned market.
• Other duties as assigned.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS / COMPETENCIES:
• To be able to consult our customers on remote monitoring, data analysis, error diagnosis, and parameter optimization to improve overall processes, to create a need analysis, problem statement, value proposition and workflow solution partnering with our customers
• To be confident to approach all organizational levels within our customers organization
• To troubleshoot complex, customer-specific application solutions
• To effectively manage complex workflow consulting and implementation projects
• Strong Project Management Skills
• Proven Extensive knowledge and experience with water, wastewater, desalination and industrial water treatment processes
• Proven experience in managing commissioning and service development projects, e.g. wastewater treatment instrumentation service projects
• Ability to quickly establish significant credibility, trust and support within all levels of the organization (i.e. peers, subordinates and senior management)
• Strong communication & influencing skills
• High degree of commercial and technical competency.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills. Ability to analyses complicated issues and narrow down to the key points, develop action plans and bring them to a successful conclusion.
• To have knowledge of communication systems and bus networks commonly used in fields industrial applications.
DESIRED BACKGROUND / SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Engineering, chemistry, process technology degree required.
• Experience in using cross selling and spin selling approaches
• Broad experience in project management, sales and marketing or business development.
• Experience of wastewater instrumentation and analyzers are essential.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and the internet.
• Must have a valid driver s license
• Must be willing and able to travel extensively in the region.
• Languages: Knowledge of French and Arabic languages is advantageous.