RetailNext is a fast-growing retail tech company looking to expand our team with talented individuals who possess that rare combination of people skills and technical acumen. As a Sales Engineer, you will support our customers through the sales cycle and ensure their continued satisfaction. You must love experimenting with new technologies and making them work in real-world environments, and you must enjoy interacting with people and helping to improve their lives through technology.
An SE helps the sales team get new revenue, and support already existing customers and internal teams to keep things up and running. The SE work as a key member of a solution selling team by performing the following functions:
• Identify customer s objectives and needs, and translate those to RetailNext solutions.
• Develop and deliver compelling product demonstrations which tie RetailNext solutions to customer needs
• Support all technical aspects of the sales cycle around the entire portfolio (hardware, software, and services)
• Present and sell solutions to all levels within an account (business as well as technical audiences)
• Possess the strong leadership skills necessary to own and lead all technical aspects of the sales process
• Manage multiple accounts/opportunities at the same time.
• Work with clients in pre-deployment phase to ensure all technical infrastructure is developed (Connectivity, API, File Transfers for POS, WFM, etc.)
• Work in information documents and security questionnaires (RFI/RFP/RFQ, GDPR compliance, etc.)
• Contribute to the definition of the detailed proposal and implementation plan with project planning, scoping, and quantification
• Develop the client business relationship by identifying business opportunities (services, products) during meetings with clients, training sessions, or on any other occasion
• Work with Support Engineering and Client to identify and troubleshoot any system issues related to connectivity, zone configuration, reporting, etc.
• Provide technical training as needed.
• Provide support to already existing customers.
Experience and Education and skills
• At least 5 years of pre-sales or relevant experience (required), preferably with companies headquartered outside the region.
• A degree in technical studies, preferably in data networking.
• Knowledge of basic IP networking , including routing, NATs, firewalls, etc. (required)
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skill
• A passion for and/or interest in innovative cutting-edge technologies
• Strong technology background (hardware, software, etc.)
• Ability to work well in a team environment and across all levels of the organization
• The drive of a self-starter who can work autonomously while still keeping relevant stakeholders up to date on progress
• Ability to multitask.