INDUSTRY - Manufacturing
FUNCTION - Business Development
SALARY - Competitive Salary
EXPIRY DATE - December 31 , 2020
The incumbent manages and controls Sales activities of assigned products to ensure provision of prompt and efficient service to company customers. Actively participates in the planning and formulation of long- and short-term sales strategies. Leads negotiations and formulation of sales contracts with customers. Prepares budgets, 5-year business plans, forecasts and monitors product consumption to ensure that they are as budgeted and forecasted. Manages product inventory, monitors customer performance and compliance to the contracts and represents company at various exhibitions, meetings, conferences and seminars related to the assigned products.
Roles & Responsibiliteis:
• Assists the Global Sales Director Chemicals in the formulation of strategy, annual business plan / budget, policies and procedures of the Chemicals Directorate.
• Manages and leads the designated business line in Chemicals in meeting its set targets and objectives in order to contribute to the achievement of Chemical directorate s overall objectives.
• Supports directorates objectives and targets, creates and evaluates Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for performance monitoring for the entire Section and monitors their achievements on a regular basis.
• Builds and maintains strong and effective relationship with customers to achieve the directorates goals / objectives.
• Maintains cordial relationship with other Industry members and Industry associations to project company s status and to tackle common issues facing the industry
• Work in tandem with other M&PMs to explore opportunities for co-loading products to improve netbacks.
• Identify arbitrage opportunities across different regions & divert volume from low netback regions to high netback regions.
• Delivers sales budget and 5-year business plan (volume and price) for area of responsibility.
• Supervise Sales Executives and coordinators in day to day functional responsibilities.
• Manages product planning, inventory, production and sales forecasts and gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements.
• Establishes and maintains contact with existing and potential customers directly or through network, to identify sales opportunities and product requirements.
• Manage Customer payments and aging receivables.
• Screen & propose credit limits for key customers.
• Proposes and assists Marketing & Product Director in the planning of long, medium- and short-term sales strategies. Includes studying the assigned region and formulating policy proposals for long term sales based on available products and market requirements.
• Negotiates sales contracts in accordance with approved company policy guidelines. Discusses with potential and existing clients their requirements in light of product availability, discusses provisions, incl. quantity, quality, price, duration of contract, shipping terms, price revisions, payments, etc.
• Monitors and reviews periodic regional market reports based on internal research, from paid subscriptions, from company s Global Marketing Network on market development, competitor products, price trends, sales forecasts, customer performances and recommends strategies to improve performance.
• Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes under tight deadlines and pressure. Able to make quick and good informed decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
• Incorporates customer feedback into delivery of service to provide the best experience possible for the customer.
• Manages order creation/account management cycle and work with Finance Department in implementing Customer Credit Policies.
• Maintains sales volume and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, energy complex and economic indicators.
• Advises to improve, implements and follows all Quality procedures.
• Supervises and evaluates the activities of personnel in the assigned Sales area. Performs supervisory duties and exercises financial authority at the level established by management for the position.
• Control pricing structures for all regions based on the approved Price Guideline.
• Manages product pricing and carries out TCTS (Total Cost to Serve) for optimization of customer portfolio versus distribution costs.
• Handle documentation systems for management of customer and/or logistics claims.
• Participate in development of existing and new products based on market needs and opportunities.
• Develops and maintains customer relationships, builds credibility and trust, quickly and effectively solves customer problems. Provides prompt, attentive service in a cheerful manner, adapts to changing information, conditions or challenges with a positive attitude.
• Attends regional / international industry conferences, seminars and exhibitions to keep abreast with the latest market and product developments, supply/demand trends, laws and regulatory requirements related to marketing and sales of designated business line
• Stays abreast of current and changing trends and leading practices in marketing and sales of the designated business line.
• Performs any other tasks as directed by the Global Sales Director-Chemicals from time to time.
• Coordinates and facilitates customer complaints / technical inquiries until its final resolution as per defined procedure and policy.
• Manage external tank inventories, slow moving products and warehouse sales optimization.
• Advises supply chain group on changes on sales strategy that will impact bulk vessel and external tank requirements.
• Minimum of 10-12 years of relevant experience in industry or marketing operations, distribution and sales preferably in a major industrial petrochemical environment.
• Operational planning and execution experience sales planning, shipping planning, logistics management.
• Knowledge and experience of NAO specifications and specific handling requirements and constraints.
Bachelor s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent from a recognized university