On contract award, Leidos will have an opening for a Satellite Technician III in the country of Qatar. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the AFCENT Communications Technical Support Service IV mission. In this mission we ensure communications information is available to forward deployed forces supporting Operation Resolute Support and Inherent Resolve in South West Asia (SWA) and the continuing mission requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD).
The successful candidate shall provide support to USAFCENT A63 for ground to ground, ground to air, and beyond line of sight communication requirements. Systems currently supported but not limited to include: Ground Entry Point (GEP) and Communication Kits (CK) (CKs includes Communication Flyaway Kits (CFK), Mini Flyaway Kits (MFK), Executive Communication Kit ECK and Air Defense Liaison Team (ADLT) kits. Tasks include:
• Deploy, set up and troubleshoot CKs, GEP and other systems as required throughout the CENTCOM AOR. Travel as directed.
• Maintain network and end user configuration management.
• Maintain applicable USAFCENT A63 supported systems IAW relevant DoD, USCENTCOM, USAF, and SPIN-C policies.
• Support transmission mediums to include Very Small Aperture Terminals (VSAT), 4G, BGAN, and commercial Internet Service Provider (ISP).
• Configure and load network configuration security appliances as required
• Renew cryptographic keying material as required
• Perform system operational testing and preventative maintenance IAW SPIN-C
• Perform system testing to remote sites as directed by USAFCENT A6
• Support patching and software updates for network and end user devices
• Provide first-level troubleshooting of CK/GEP and other systems as required.
• Provide second level 2 troubleshooting assistance (coordinate help-desk activities with applicable organizations for Network Operations and technical support)
• Track operational status of systems and provide updates to AFCENT A6 as required
• Track and report system status to A63 as required
• Maintain AFCENT A6 system tracking tool(s)
• Maintain up-to-date point-of-contact information for each fielded system as required
• Maintain a historical record of outages via Master Station Log (MSL)
• Coordinate Authorized System Interruptions (ASI) with user and applicable agencies as required.
• Assist with knowledge transfer to rotational (Air Expeditionary Forces (AEF) government AFCENT A63 and deployed site personnel as required
• Update and maintain user guides and maintenance documentation
Must meet the certification requirement on the SPIN-C or individual task order.
• Lead level hands on work experience in support of installations, repair, and troubleshooting or maintenance of communications systems or equipment.
• Must have the technical knowledge to solve complex problems, understand the interrelationships of circuits, and be able to exercise independent judgment in performing tasks in support of communications systems or equipment.
• Experience, to include: supervision, and shop practices.
• Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent and 3 - 5 years of prior relevant experience.
• Requires an active Secret clearance.
Personnel in this labor category are considered experts in the field. Lead level experience working with DSCS or Commercial Satellite Terminals as specified in the task order to include:
• X, C, KA, Ku-band, Tri-band Satellite Terminals
• FDMA, TDMA, IP Type satellite modems
Candidate must have a valid U.S. Passport that will not expire with 7 months from hire date .
External Referral Bonus: Ineligible Potential for Telework: No Clearance Level Required: Secret Travel: Yes, 10% of the time Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Requisition Category: Professional Job Family: Field Services Leidos
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.