Scholarships Program Officer
The Abdulla Al Ghurair Foundation for Education (AGFE) provides access to education opportunities for high-achieving, underserved Emirati and Arab youth.
To create the next generation of leaders and citizens; empowering youth to write a new Arab Story.
For us, education is more than a process of acquiring knowledge. We believe in its power to give hope, build resilience and unleash possibility. We create opportunities to activate the untapped potential of Arab youth, providing underserved, high-achieving students with the scholarships, support and skills training that they need to thrive.
We imagine a world where our scholars become leaders in their communities and ambassadors of education in the region. We aim to reignite what is already in the region s DNA: a culture of giving back, a connectedness to community, and a spirit of generosity that creates impact.
We put our scholars first. We tailor our programming to the needs of underserved youth, preparing them for their transition to work, ultimately empowering them to learn for life.
We collaborate closely with our partners. We align with those who share our values. Together, we aspire to lead a more inclusive and transformative vision for education.
We invest in the future of our region. We approach philanthropy as a catalyst for innovation in education and for achieving sustainable development.
AGFE aims to prepare young Arabs to fulfill their potential through access to quality education. Our programs target youth in their path towards gainful employment.
The Program Officer will be a core member of the scholarship team and will carry out activities in support of the Foundation s two core scholarship programs; the Al Ghurair STEM Scholars Program & the Open Learning Scholars Program. The incumbent will perform tasks related to scholar support and management, student outreach and recruitment, as well as liaising with the Foundation s partner universities and organizations.
The role will report to the Scholarships Program Manager .
Responsibilities & Duties
• Conduct outreach for, and communication with, current and prospective scholars. This will involve communication through telephone, social media, email, website and other channels, under the supervision of the Program Manager
• Plan, organize and attend outreach activities (e.g. companies, university and community visits, webinars, information sessions etc.) to promote the scholarship program to target beneficiaries and support them in the application process
• Prepare outreach material including flyers, announcement emails, FAQs, guidebooks and tips documents, short videos etc.
• Create support materials for applications and scholars
Scholar Selection and On-boarding
• Participate in applicant application review and interview panel and support on setting up interviews with scholarship program applicants and assist with the interview process
• Work closely with the team at peak application and student awarding times in management of online AGFE portal including keeping track of application progress, student s admission status, contracting, travel logistics and other processes
• Work with awarded scholars to ensure application to universities and/or enrolment in platform, matriculation, and organizing contracting from AGFE side
• Participate in planning and implementing program onboarding of scholars at different partner universities. Suggest and plan scholar engagement opportunities to strengthen AGFE community connectedness and establish program standards for future cohorts
• Act as the focal point for any queries of candidates and scholars involving where necessary colleagues and representatives of the partner institutions
• Review requests submitted by scholars on the online portal against the relevant policies to present initial recommendation to Program Manager
• Engage and answer questions from beneficiaries regarding the Al Ghurair programs both through emails, social media messages, in person and during online webinars
• Support in organizing and delivering student engagement activities and tools such as workshops, webinars, trainings, mentorship opportunities etc.
• Support in the design and delivery of non-academic components to the program, including community development/management, alumni engagement, and intersection across AGFE programs
Program Analysis and Planning
• Regularly compile, review, and compare data on student demographics, performance, and experience
• Highlight beneficiary success stories, drafting scholar profiles, social media posts, and other media content to feature the work AGFE does and impact we have
• Document and keep up to date processes and internal policies related to outreach, selection, and matriculation
• Prepare reports that synthesize feedback and impact from engagements with external entities and present them to the rest of the team including the CEO. The reports should aim to distill key lessons learned with implications to Foundation offerings and program design
• Other relevant tasks supporting the work of the Programs team as needs arise
• Planning and Organizing
• Demonstrating Drive and Determination
• Engaging with students, partners and other stakeholders
• Working in a Team
• Communication with Others
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, results-oriented team player with:
• Minimum of Bachelor s degree in social studies, education, business administration/marketing, communications or a related field
• 3-5 years of relevant experience in a relevant role; or significant relevant extra-curricular activities and interaction with students
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (excellent fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English is a must) and a passion for helping others
• Excellent organizational skills
• Commitment to teamwork and ability to co-ordinate with others effectively
• Proven skills in problem solving, analysis and synthesizing
• Willingness to adapt when necessary
• Willingness to learn and do what it takes to acquire skills needed
• High standard of computer competency and literacy
• Positive attitude, model a mature and professional demeanor and have an excellent work ethic