LEAMS Education comprising of British curriculum & CBSE schools in Dubai is driven by our unifying philosophy: we are ambitious for our schools, students, teachers, staff and communities, and we inspire every child who attends our school to achieve more than they ever imagined possible; holistic development of each child nurturing their imagination and curiosity to learn and be successful in life.
We offer career and development opportunities that come with being part of our L&D goals. We unites our team through vibrant CPD s which harnesses the collective expertise of their peers in an exchange of knowledge, ideas and best practice. Long term employment with Tax free salary, medical insurance, free children tuition fees in group affiliated schools and other benefits as per UAE labor law are part of the attractive job offer.
We are looking for experienced School Counselors for September 2020 openings for our CBSE & British Curriculum schools.
We are looking for experienced School Counselors to help students overcome problems that impede learning and to facilitate students academic/personal/social and career development by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program.
• Develop, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive counseling and guidance program to address social/emotional development needs of all students.
• Conduct needs assessments and utilize data to identify and support targeted areas of need on their campus.
• Implements an effective referral and follow-up process as needed.
• Support teachers in developing and delivering classroom guidance activities and lessons based on the school s guidance counseling curriculum.
• Offers a wide range of counseling services including but not limited to: individual and group counseling.
• Provide behavioral counseling to students.
• Development and implementation of well-being programs across the school.
• Psychological and educational assessment.
• Represents the school well being team on all major programs such as New Students Orientation, Parents Orientation, Registration, Open Days, Careers events etc.
• Participates in the development of policies, procedures and manuals guiding the operations and functions of the school.
• Takes an active role in interpreting the school's objectives to students, parents and other stakeholders; confers with parents whenever necessary to determine how best to meet individual students' needs.
• Value and respond to the diversity and individual differences of students.
• Implement behavior/discipline modification plan for grade group cohort in conjunction with the school leadership team.
• Evaluate areas of strength and advocate students.
• Perform assessments, interpret tests and study student records.
• Prepares reports, records, lists and all other required information and data
• Master degree in Psychology with proven working experience in schools.
• Has successful full-time teaching experience or successful experience in school guidance and counseling.
• Integrity and professionalism
• Ability to respond effectively to the needs of a diverse student pool
• Working knowledge of various counseling models, practices and resources
• Engaging interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
• Computer literacy
• Sound judgement and emotional intelligence
Those interested in applying for the position are required to submit the following:
• Job application accompanied by detailed resume and minimum 2 reference details.
• Copy of academic degrees and job and training certificates.
• Offer is subjected to KHDA, Ministry of Labour Approval and satisfactory reference checks.