We re looking for an enthusiastic Secondary School English Teacher, who will be a key member of the department and will be responsible for delivering the HS curriculum.
The teacher will be primarily responsible for teaching High School students for the academic year 2020/2021
The successful candidate will be able to effectively:
• Demonstrate a commitment to the safety and security of children and young people ( child protection )
• Plan and deliver lessons in accordance with the goals and objectives of a clearly defined and documented curriculum
• Demonstrate creativity
• Deliver an active, hands-on and student-centered program to promote learning
• Maintain a safe learning environment for students at all times
• Observe, monitor and record student progress
• Respond appropriately to the range of individual needs and abilities within the class
• Collaborate with colleagues
• Embody, uphold, and promote the ISG Learning Principles :
• Students learn best with voice and choice.
• Learning is a reflective practice.
• Learning requires a safe, collaborative environment.
• Learning requires feedback for growth.
• Learning inspires passionate engagement.
• Learning from failure requires a growth mindset.
• The appropriate challenge engages and motivates learners.
• Embody, uphold and promote the ISG Assessment Beliefs :
• The purpose of assessment is to improve learning.
• The student is the first and most important user of assessment data.
• Reflection is integral to deep learning.
• Assessments should be aligned with adopted standards.
• Feedback to students should be timely, targeted, accurate, actionable, ongoing, and embedded in the assessment process.
• Assessments should produce accurate data capable of informing instruction and learning.
• Assessments should give students opportunities to demonstrate their learning in a variety of ways.
• Creating and upholding structures that support teacher collaboration around assessment practices will enhance student learning.
• Strive to help students demonstrate and embody the characteristics of the ISG Profile of Graduates :
• Leadership - inspire and motivate others
• Collaboration - purposeful and effective interaction with others
• Individuality - self-development, confidence, and motivation
• Open-mindedness - embrace and respect diverse ideas to refine perspective(s), balance judgment, and inspire compassion
• Balance - well-roundedness, focus, and sustenance of a healthy mental and physical lifestyle through efficient and proficient use of time
• Integrity - willingness and desire to do the right thing
• Growth mindset - belief that talents may be learned and perfected through perseverance
• Critical thinking - apply multiple perspectives and deep reasoning to real world situations
• Perform other duties as assigned by the High School Assistant Principal
The ideal candidate will have:
• Minimum of Bachelor s degree in a related field of study
• University degree in English Language
Experience and Skills
The ideal candidate will have:
• Prior experience as a high school English teacher
• Experience with Google Suite or Microsoft Office
• Deliver a program according to the precepts of the Common Core Standards, but within an international context
• Excellent command of English, both verbal and written.