King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center in Madinah
Madinah, Saudi Arabia
Directs and coordinates the medical and clinical activities, as well as administrative functions within the Section of Critical Care, in addition to clinical duties as Consultant.
Education / Qualification Required:
Post-qualification board certification with one of the following:
• USA: The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
• Canada: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (RCPS-C)
• UK: GMC/CCST Specialist Register
• Germany: Facharzt Specialist Certificate
• Sweden: Swedish Board
• Australia and New Zealand: Fellowship from the Royal College or New Zealand College
Basic medical degree from recognized institution
Experience Post Post-Qualifications:
• Five (5) years of training in sub-specialty plus post-training experience required
• Current and clean medical license to practice in country of origin / country of practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops the Section's strategic plan, goals and objectives and provides periodic reports to the Chairman on status of operation.
• Represents the Section views as expressed in obligatory monthly Management Meeting to the Department and the Hospital.
• Presents information given to him/her by the Chairman and the Hospital Administration to the Section members.
• Ensures the presentation and attendance of Section members to educational activities, meetings, task force, Hospital committees and requests a quarterly feedback in writing from Section members.
• Appoints or recommends Section members to work groups and Hospital committees.
• Conducts Section Management meetings in compliance with Department guidelines and organizes regular meetings to discuss and implementation and progress of research projects.
• Oversees the functions of the Medical Intensive Care Unit.
• Evaluates staff's performance and recommends merit increase to the Chairman.
• Delegates administrative/educational authorities to members of the Section.
• Assesses continuously staff requirements within the Section and recommends recruitment.
• Organizes on-call schedule, leave plans with proper service coverage, i.e. rounds and consultation in compliance with the Department's guidelines.
• Participates in the preparation of the annual operating and capital equipment budget for the Section.
• Develops, implements and constantly reviews the Section services including inpatient consultation services and ensure collaboration with other Departments, e.g. Nursing Services, Appointment & Admission Services, etc.
• Implements and ensures highest standard of service practiced upon state-of-the-art principles using QA and other review mechanisms.
• Ensures adequate coverage in emergency situations.
• Develops and revises clinical pathways for the Section.
• Reviews and acts upon referrals from Medical Eligibility Services within 24 hours.
• Ensures that adequate educational activities are carried out in the Section and if needed to implement and construct new activities.
• Prepares a list of education sessions and staff participation in Departmental, Interdepartmental and Hospital wide educational activities.
• Ensures that national participation of educational activities is adequate whether it is by Outreach Program or invited speaker sessions or national conferences and symposia.
• Ensures that members of the Section attend and participates in international meetings.
• Ensures development of educational material to other Section members.
• Raises funds for education, e.g. for members of the Section to attend conferences, symposium and meetings.
• Initiates, encourages, develops and supervises research projects or clinical protocols within the Section in compliance with Hospital's regulations.
• Participates in self, other's education, training and development, as applicable.
• Follows all Hospital-related policies and procedures.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.