What's the opportunity?
Do you want to work on a global portfolio of projects with world-class architectural partners, design teams and facility operators? We are looking for a self-driven Security Consultant to join our Security team.
You'll be delivering security consultancy and master planning as part of single and multi-disciplinary teams on a range of projects and internationally, encompassing airports, sports stadia, entertainment and performance venues, world-class higher education facilities, transport hubs, museums, advanced hi-tech facilities and more. You will be client-facing and on a day to day basis cover security consultancy, design, project management, operational advice, business development, and even R&D.
We are looking for candidates that can work collaboratively and exploit the diverse skills and knowledge which exist in our business to drive their career forward.
Security Consultancy at Buro Happold
Security can only be delivered when driven by an effective strategy incorporating people, processes and systems functioning within the constraints of the operating environment. Our multidisciplinary capability ensures that the golden thread of enterprise security risk management is woven through the essential elements of Physical, Information, Supply Chain and People security to provide a protective security envelope around the client s objectives. Risk-based approaches deliver strategies and controls that are appropriate, proportionate and financially viable.
BuroHappold s Security group provide consultative services to clients in order to develop and protect the client enterprise. We typically support our clients through security planning and strategy, physical security, security technologies and design, to ensure developments and their surroundings are safe, secure and functional. In addition, we provide advice in solution procurement and implementation during and beyond construction to provide clients with a comprehensive range of services.
Our operational security advisory services support our clients in the ongoing operation of their protective security programme and includes advice on the organizational security policies and procedures; audits, inspections and other compliance and governance activities to ensure the safety and security of the client assets and business unit operations; advice to clients with respect to communications with relevant Government and semi-Government organizations on security matters; ongoing monitoring and reporting on security situation developments. The BH testing and exercising services deliver peace of mind to our clients that their protective security programme is robust and fit for purpose.
With us, your preconceptions will be tested, your resilience built, and your career enriched.
The majority of your role will involve strategic issues; however, you will work alongside our security engineers who provide the technical input into the projects.
Naturally, the role will be highly varied but typical responsibilities are likely to include;
• Assessment of threats, vulnerabilities and risk and production of risk registers
• Development of security strategies to satisfy the requirements of statutory and industry body requirements
• Prepare operational requirements
• Set up and manage job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure (adjusting these as necessary)
• Inputting into and revising Project delivery standards and processes as and when required
• Contributing ideas and design flare to the overall brief
• Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
• Keeping abreast of emerging threats and trends
• Providing high-level advice to clients in relation to the appropriate security technologies in security
• Developing and delivering testing programmes and exercises to assure security programme integrity
• Supervising and mentoring graduate security consultants
• Researching and writing standards, policies, procedures and work instructions for security operations
• Researching and writing protective security intelligence reports and assessments
• Strong grounding in the multi-disciplinary approach for crime prevention design such as CPTED, Secured by Design and the SABRE scheme. Also familiarity with the principles of application of Hostile Vehicle Mitigation (HVM) design as Counter terrorism measures in the built environment would be an advantage.
• Support for the business development goals and initiatives within the organization.
We ll help you meet your goals, respecting your ideas and fostering your creativity, collaboration and innovation.
In return, we'd expect you to demonstrate the following...
• A sound foundation of experience in developing security strategies on a range of project types
• A keen eye for detail to ensure that design information is produced with a consistent and rationalised approach
• Experience of assessing security risks across a variety of projects, sectors and geographic locations
• Tertiary level educational qualification in Security and Risk Management or Crime & Criminology or related subjects
• Chartered or working towards chartership with a relevant institution - e.g. CSyP, RSES, Security Institute, or similar
• Excellent communication skills and the desire to develop consultancy skills to act as an advisor
• Willingness to undergo a security vetting procedure if required to work on specific projects.
• Evidence of Continuing Professional Development