IT Security Engineer
Riyadh / Jeddah Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Language/s: Fluent English, Arabic is a plus.
Travel rate: 30 - 50 %
This is a technical role, providing post-sales consulting in the security industry. The Professional Services Consultant works with clients remotely and/or onsite on engagements of high complexity. The consultant has demonstrated his/her ability to participate to the success of projects from the pre-sales/scoping phase to project closure. He/she focuses on design as well as implementation aspects of project delivery, such as requirements analysis & design, firewall and enhanced security products implementation and optimization, with any related documentation. His/her ability to learn new technologies, products or solution is recognized. The position requires a team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills who follows a structured approach for designing & implementing IT security solutions. The consultant mentors team members and shares experience and knowledge every day.
The Professional Services Consultant activities include but are not limited to:
• Develops a thorough understanding of the customer engagement (objectives, project scope, business and technical requirements).
• Leads technical conversations to clarify and assess all aspects of an engagement.
• Plays a driving role in scoping meetings and helps in developing statements of work with the relevant work breakdown structures based on accurate analysis of customers' requirements. Estimates work efforts.
• Performs project risk analysis based on technical elements and implement mitigations plans.
• Participates in design workshops with customers and/or partners and provides input as necessary.
• Develops and improves project related documents with any required technical architecture diagrams. These documents might include High-Level Design, Low-Level Design, Migration Plan, Test Plan, Methods of Procedures, Network Implementation Plan, As-Built guide, etc...
• Performs deployment, configuration, testing and troubleshooting of our security solutions in the customer environment. Work closely with PMO team to ensure successful completion of projects.
• Assists customers through the rollout, migration or go-live phase for the deployed security solution.
• Delivers knowledge transfer sessions for customer's staff on the relevant security solutions.
• Proactively communicates relevant project information to customer and/or management as appropriate.
• Participates to highly visible projects.
• Owns and contributes to the resolution of complex technical escalations in relations to projects in delivery.
• Reviews peer documents for technical accuracy and quality assurance.
• Ensures that project documents are accurate, complete, current and stored appropriately.
• Completes and submits internal required administrative tasks (timesheets, activities report, project reports, etc.).
• Continuously works on developing knowledge and skills to remain proficient with the relevant security technologies, products and services by using self-study materials or by attending trainings (as required).
• Proposes and implements changes in relation to Professional Services practices.
• Mentor new hires during onboarding phase. Provide insight on technical aspects as well as procedures and practices.
• Contributes to Professional Services collateral such as templates, methodologies, best practices or lessons learned.
• Works closely with services and sales organizations.
• 5 years of experience in LAN/WAN/Internet consulting, support and/or administration.
• 4 years of experience with Network Security Products.
• 4 years of experience delivery high complex IT & security projects.
• Experience working as a Professional Services consultant or engineer.
• Expertise in Firewalls, Email Security, Advanced Thread Protection, Endpoint Security, Application Security, Web Application Firewall, Network Security Management, SIEM, Network Virtualization, Software Defined Networks (SDN) and/or other cloud-based technologies.
• Experience in designing and implementing solutions for SMB, Enterprises and Telco/MSSP.
• Scripting or development skills is a plus.
• Very good presentation and technical documentation skills.
• Good troubleshooting skills with a structured approach to problem solving. Ability to develop methodologies to progress on the resolution of technical issues.
• Proven ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Flexible working hours.
• Ability to bring projects to successful completion through technical sensitivity.
• Strong commitment and self-driven individual.