Role SEND Teacher
Employer Multinational School - Dhahran
Place of employment Dhahran
Reporting to Principal
Direct reports Head of Support Services
Work Type Full-time
Working Hours 7:30 – 3:10
Purpose of the Job:
We are looking for an outstanding teacher with SEND experience to join our team and help
students with special needs in the classroom. The teacher will also provide additional support to
students who may have special educational requirements. They will have a passion for teaching
and a drive to provide education at an exceptional level. Teachers enjoy an outstanding school
environment in which they can deliver a dynamic and creative curriculum to motivated students.
● Assess students’ skills in all domains by using formal/informal assessment(s) to determine
their Present Level of Performance (strengths/needs).
● Design/develop/implement an Individualized Education Program (IEP) for each student.
● Throughout the school year, evaluate student’s performance, monitor their progress in all
needed domains/areas, and update their IEP accordingly.
● Teach and mentor students as a class, in small groups, and one- to- one.
● Design a variety of classroom activities and differentiate instructions that address the
diverse learning needs of the students.
● Monitor the students’ behavioural patterns and design appropriate interventions if
● Use effective reinforcement techniques.
● Utilize the technology, library, media, and environmental resources to support teaching
● Empower students and support them to reach their full potential academically, socially,
● Promote students’ independence and productivity.
● Supervise and mentor the teaching assistant’s work with students with disabilities.
● Work closely and cooperate as a team with families, specialists, and teachers to achieve
the best educational outcome for the students.
● Promote meaningful parent involvement to strengthen the home-school partnership.
● Comply with all the school’s policy/procedures.
● Create a safe, productive classroom environment.
● A bachelor’s degree with a minimum grade point average in Special Education from an
accredited university (graduated in 2015 or later).
● Proven 3 years’ experience as a Special Education Teacher.
● Good knowledge of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA), Behaviour Intervention Plan (BIP),
current special education universal standards, and best practices.
● Able to conduct standard assessments.
● Experience working with children with a wide range of disabilities.
● Excellent interpersonal, communication, and teaching skills.
● Able to speak and write well in English.
● A Special Education Teaching license is preferred.
● Classroom management certificate is preferred.
Undertake any other reasonable requests as made by the Principal to contribute to the
continued smooth running of the Multinational School-Dhahran.