Provides financial information to management by researching and analysing accounting data; preparing reports. Responsible to verify and process invoices for accounting. Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable. Provide Technical support and advice on Management Accounts.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
• Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
• Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
• Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
• Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
• Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
• Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
• Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
• Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
• Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
• Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
• Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
• Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions form lock box and local deposits.
• Updates receivables by totalling unpaid invoices.
• Maintains records by microfilming invoices, debits, and credits.
• Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, COMPETENCIES:
Educational Qualification: Bachelor (Finance / Accountancy)
Additional Qualification: C.A / ACCA Affiliate / or equivalent certification
Years of Experience: 5 - 8 Years
Job specific skills: Financial Reporting, Accounts Receivable and Payable Management, Financial Analysis, MIS
Key competencies: Accuracy, Meeting deadlines, Teamwork, Professional Integrity, familiar with VAT Implementations