A Bachelor's Degree in an IT, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Candidates should have a minimum of 10-years telecommunications industry experience in a similar environment.
• Candidates must have direct commercial and technical experience working in a company owning or operating long haul dark fiber networks and DWDM systems.
• Candidates should be able to demonstrate where they have influenced the design, development, contracting, implementation, and operation of long haul backbone networks.
• Extensive knowledge of IP peering ecosystems, fiber optic networks, submarine cables and the interconnection of these networks in order to obtain the highest availability for delivering online services globally.
• Ability to create complex financial models to understand business impacts of various network solutions is required.
• Demonstrated ability to formulate data driven decisions that lead to results.
• Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position.
• Willing to travel.
• Experience working at a large network operator, OTT or Internet Service Provider.
• Demonstrated ability to anticipate customer requirements and build strategic plans.
• Experience interacting with senior executives and other management within your own company and externally; and working across commercial, technical, domestic, and international arms of an organization
• In-depth knowledge of the latest optical communications developments.
• In-depth knowledge of and experience with major internet routing protocols; specifically BGP, OSPF, MPLS, RSVP and ISIS.
• Ability to speak multiple languages.