One of our key clients in UAE are looking to expand their eFX offering and are looking for senior BA within technology to support the business growth
The Senior Business Analyst will be required to lead the technology change and transformation initiatives related to the e-Commerce desk of Global Markets. Key responsibilities include engaging with business, conducting analysis, developing requirements, reviewing technical and functional design, ensuring proper closure of the different initiatives. More importantly, the resource must be able to assist and advise the stakeholders on best practices in the implementation of the e-Commerce platforms.
• Perform business analysis, enhancements and changes to the Global Markets e-Commerce solutions, which include implementation in HO as well as international branches of the bank.
• Act as key liaison with Global Markets teams (business and their supporting functions), IT teams as well as with the vendors
• Participate actively in discussions with business, understand their needs and transform them into change or project initiatives
• Challenge the status quo by pro-actively reviewing current architecture and propose solutions to enhance both business and customer experiences
• Define the systems and data requirements and validate the systems design and processes from functional and technical aspects
• Develop the future technology roadmap for the e-Commerce landscape along with the users and internal IT teams
• Assist in ensuring a high level of delivery and user experience
• Develop and refine the various business/functional/testing requirements in support of the project and systems involved, working alongside the vendor if needed.
• Ensure technical and functional hand over of the project and changes to the assigned support team(s).
• Assist in developing business and operational processes and to participate in developing system training artefacts when required
• Minimum 10 years of experience as a Business Analyst and/or Functional Consultant and Project working with Global/Capital Markets
• Experience in implementation and handling of e-Commerce solutions and electronic trading platforms within large financial institutions
• Experience in leading and delivering projects
• Experience in integrating e-Commerce solutions with core banking systems
• Excellent knowledge of Capital Markets products and processes, front to back.
• Strong knowledge in the areas of FX and IR risk management of the bank (FX NOP, risk transfer and reconciliation)
• The candidate should possess either a postgraduate degree or qualification in Information Systems / Engineering / Business Administration.
• The candidate should carry a minimum relevant work experience in a Bank or I.T. Company for a minimum of 4-6 years.
• Strong record of stakeholder management and leadership skills
• Strong understanding of the financial markets, trading and banking solutions
• Ability to lead the transformation of the landscape to state of the art market practices
• Strong knowledge of the Global Markets products and practices, front-to-end: pricing, limit checks, booking, risk management, accounting generation, settlements and confirmation generation
• Candidate must be technically astute and have had relevant exposure and experience with bank systems and processes
• Strong proven track record of liaising with stakeholders for business requirements, specification documents, testing processes and other relevant information.
• Strong numerical skills coupled with the ability to deliver well under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Candidate must display strong verbal and written communication skills.