The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
The Role Aspen Technology is a leading supplier of software that optimizes process manufacturing including oil and gas, petroleum, chemicals, pharmaceuticals and other industries that manufacture and produce products from a chemical process. With integrated aspenONE solutions, process manufacturers can implement best practices for optimizing their engineering, manufacturing and supply chain operations. As a result, AspenTech customers are better able to increase capacity, improve margins, reduce costs and become more energy efficient. To see how the world s leading process manufacturers rely on AspenTech to achieve their operational excellence goals, visit www.aspentech.com.
We are looking to hire a Sr. Business Consultant with technical strength in Oil & Gas/ Refining/Chemicals for our Team in MENA. This is an excellent opportunity to continue growing technically, and to also take on a consultative role, providing sales support to our MENA sales organizations. The candidate will be responsible for working with our account managers and the technical community within our clients.
This Business Consultant will have a direct impact to help enable the Energy and Chemicals Verticals of Aspen Technology to achieve revenue growth targets.
This Business Consultant role integrates broad solution knowledge, consultative skills, and industry knowledge to facilitate customer adoption of AspenONE modules. As an area of primary focus, the position provides business consulting knowledge for the AspenOne Engineering modules of the Aspen Technology AspenONE solution.
The candidate will be measured against the license revenue and service bookings objectives established by management for the relevant vertical.
• Apply consultative skills in customer-facing situations to identify customer problems and understand their business and operational issues. Facilitate customer understanding of AspenOne Engineering solution technical functionality, value creation and business process improvement.
• Articulate the overall solution and provide the vision with an understanding of the customer's business and technology needs, AspenTech's previous successes and the competitive landscape.
• Support the account team to develop the account strategy based on the industry and client business environment. Refine the solution and vision messages for the project overall and work with other team members to develop presentation materials that effectively communicate these messages, leading clients to action.
• Participate and/or lead customer consulting engagements to facilitate sales, including demonstrations, workshops, value assessments, and seminars. Proactively support pipeline development (e.g. account planning, awareness sessions, etc) and sales execution for assigned accounts and opportunities.
• Develop commercial proposals for assigned opportunities. Respond to RFI/RFQ/RFP questionnaires as required.
• Accountable for achieving personal targets such as productivity, bookings and other Business Consulting related targets.
What You'll Need
• B.S. in Engineering with a 5-8 years practical experience in consulting, technology, and/or industry.
• M.S Degree is an added advantage.
• Process Modeling/Simulation expertise required
• Exposure to Middle East/North Africa Oil and Gas market
• Self-motivated & creative problem solver
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Experience in the process or manufacturing industries
• Strong business acumen. Adept at performing customer interviews, identifying improvement opportunities, and overcoming resistance to change. Ability to assess and articulate customer value creation.
• Flexibility to travel 30-50% of time.
Specific Product Knowledge:
• Chemical and/or refining industry experience strongly preferred.
• Strong knowledge of Chemical production and engineering business processes.
• Understanding of one or more of the following functions in the processing industry.
• Knowledge of the functional AspenONE Engineering Suite of Products viz. Aspen Hysys, Aspen Plus and Energy Management Applications.
• Knowledge of industry standard process modeling tools in the Oil and Gas domain