DNV GL Dubai is looking for a Senior Energy Storage Consultant to support the Middle East & Africa (MEA) Storage team with Energy Storage related consultancy services. The MEA storage team is based in Dubai and Cape Town and is part of the larger Norther Europe, Middle East and Africa (NEMEA) storage department, with further offices in the UK and Netherlands.
In this role you will have a dual responsibility, focussing on both helping with the delivery of (mostly) energy storage related projects, and driving business development for energy storage related opportunities in the MEA region. You will be working with diverse customers and colleagues in the Middle East and the role offers an opportunity to be involved in other energy technology related projects. Most of the work is desk based, but (international) travel for site and customer visits will be required.
Main duties will include but are not limited to:
• Execute or manage energy storage related projects, including data analysis, technical due diligence, battery and business case modelling, report writing, presentations, courses, etc. You are expected to work about 50% of your time on chargeable projects
• Energy storage is frequently deployed with renewables and the role will require cooperation with the Solar, Wind and Electrical Grid teams etc. in the region.
• Extend your external network and identify, drive and facilitate sales and market led opportunities for energy storage e.g. generating leads, quality proposals and closing deals in cooperation with the Key Value Proposition Leaders and Business Leads
• Analyse new business opportunities, gather market intelligence and ensure distribution of knowledge amongst relevant colleagues
• Achieve sales as per targets agreed with the Storage Team Lead and Head of Department
• Build an internal network to gain and share knowledge and opportunities
• An appropriate higher degree in a relevant engineering subject
• 5-years experience providing consultancy services, of which at least 2 years in the area of energy storage systems and applications
• Project development or EPC experience with energy storage or renewables
• Knowledge of transmission & distribution networks and experience in load flow modelling
• Knowledge of renewables (wind, PV) technology & project development
• Power sector knowledge for countries in the MEA region
Desirable qualifications include:
• Dynamic and enthusiastic team player - co-operates will with others, shares knowledge, experience and information, and supports others in pursuit of team goal
• Delivery and Results - completes tasks in accordance with expectations and schedule and with strong attention to details, understanding task urgency; able to juggle and manage conflicting work priorities to ensure deadlines are met. Drives ideas to implementation and execution in a timely manner, is willing to periodically work longer hours when the situation demands it
• Analysis and judgement - quickly understands and analyses problems & complex issues, provides sound and rational judgements.
• Demonstrates methodical and systematic approach, plans ahead and prioritises tasks effectivel
• Networking - Builds good personal and professional relationships. Experience of building long-term client relationships
• Work ethic - identifies with the Company s principles, vision and values
• Communicates and influences in a clear, open, active and honest manner (verbal and written) and seeks understanding of other views
• Proven ability to produce clear written reports and communicate verbally in English
• Good IT skills, and experienced in using MS Office suite packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Good understanding of the commercial basis for projects
• Demonstrates continuous improvement