Senior Consultants should have held a Senior Consultant post for at least 1 year, or a period of 6 years consultant experience is required.
Those looking to pursue a Consultant level post with this hospital will require:
1-year post specialist qualification experience.
Qualified from UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, Australia, France, Germany and other main European countries.
Please note that qualifications are accepted from other worldwide locations based upon equivalent qualification according to the equivalence tables of QCHP
Salary for clinical, academic, administrative and quality improvement work is based on experience and qualifications. There is no additional overtime compensation as a Special Allowance is already provided for this purpose.
Gratuity: 1 month s basic salary per annum
Increments: Annual increment based upon performance appraisal
Contract Duration: 36 months renewable
Contract Status: Married (if required) Self, spouse and 3 children (up to 18 years)
Accommodation: Provided free of charge Fully furnished (or allowance)
Utilities: 600 Qatari Riyal per month if taking assigned accommodation
Baggage Allowance: For shipping or unaccompanied baggage
Flights: For you and your family at the start and end of the contract year Business class
Leave: 50 days per annum, including local holidays - can be split
Education Allowance: For up to 3 children - 18 or under
Study Leave: 9 days after 18 months service Fees and flights paid
Medical cover: Company scheme for nominal fees for yourself and your family.
The consultant is responsible for organizing, monitoring, and maintaining the clinical services provided within the department in order to achieve the highest possible level of patient care with optimum utilization of the available resources.
1. Adheres to policies, guidelines, plans and programs
2. Performs all duties assigned to a consultant physician.
3. Develops work plan, as directed by the chairperson of the department, for specialists and other staff under his direct supervision.
4. Assumes direct responsibility for the patients under his/her medical attendance in the assigned unit.
5. Conducts rounds and undertakes supervision of treatment of the inpatients as well as screening and examination of the outpatients.
6. Undertakes supervisory responsibility for the medical staff within the unit and prepares regular reports on the activities of the unit for the department head / chairman.
7. Participates in the various committees for the upgrading of services and organization of work within and outside the hospital.
8. Participates in the planning and implementation of the department development plans and the different manpower training programs for the medical, technical and nursing staff.
9. Participates in the planning and follow up of the medical education and research activities.
10. Performs all relevant interventions related to his/her field of specialization.
11. Participates in health education programs through orientation and scientific presentations.
12. Participates in scheduling of on-call duties and provides on-call services.
13. Participates in the assessment and updating of drug, medical supply and equipment needs.
14. Writes, completes and approves medical records and reports for patients.
15. Provides guidance and counsel to other departments when requested.
16. Completes and maintains his set of clinical privileges
17. Complies with Revalidation guidelines and standards
18. Acquires SCH License to practice and maintains it while working
19. Performs other duties as assigned/directed by the chairperson / head of the department and approved by the