The Content Strategist is a vital element in constructing a cohesive content/Brand strategy with a focus on user or consumer journey and persona development.
Working with internal and external collaborators, you will also plan, oversee and execute the strategy from start to end.
Supported by a creative and editorial resources, you will be responsible for aligning our brand narratives with the team s content strategies and editorial decisions.
You will also play the role of a creative and an editor, as you conceptualise and produce content assets that resonate with viewers across earned, owned and paid platforms, with the aim of driving business goals.
5 to 10 years
• Cultivate content marketing strategies targeted at driving traffic, engagement, generating leads, delivering sales, retaining customers and building brand awareness.
• Develop brand voice to ensure consistency across all content assets.
• Work with internal and external collaborators and creative resources to deliver content assets that are coherent with our brand voice and strategy.
• Track and advance the editorial calendar, and regularly measure and distill progress results to apply data-driven insights to future content strategies.
• Apply SEO, content development, distribution and measurement to effectively tailor content to reach audience personas.
• Manage digital and social content channels including email or newsletter distribution, with the understanding of the best content practices on each channel.
• Assist with integrating content strategy and time-specific brand campaigns to drive campaign goals.
• Create and edit content, mobilising storytelling opportunities on all channels owned, earned and paid platforms.
• Establish strategies for media relations, seeking placements in print, broadcast and online channels, and create the corresponding content including press releases, articles and presentations.
• Build relationships with thought leaders and nurture brand awareness, while gathering knowledge of industry trends.
• Test and implement innovative and relevant methods of measuring content, campaigns and tools, keeping in mind the purpose of the derived results.
Skills and requirements
• Excellent oral communication skills, more spoken languages is a bonus.
• Experience creating and editing digital content for target audiences across all multimedia and social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, YouTube, Tumblr. .
• Skilled at writing and copy editing, including writing in different voices and styles, for a variety of target audiences.
• Skilled at graphic design, website design, illustration, UX, videography and photography.
• Familiar with software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Lightroom, Adobe InDesign Adobe After Effects, Adobe XD, Sketch and Principle.
• A professional portfolio of work that showcases the above.
• Experience in project management, and public, media and influencer relations.
• Experience in Marketing, Communications or in a journalist, creative, or media capacity.
• Experience with digital marketing functions including SEO, Content Marketing, Social Media Marketing, E-mail Marketing and PPC Marketing is a bonus.
• Experience with SEO tools including Google AdWords and Keyword Planner, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Search Console, Net Insight, Omniture, WebTrends, DART, Atlas, Semrush and Buzzsumo is preferred.
• Experience using major CRMs (e.g Hubspot, Sales Force, Zoho).
• A Diploma or Bachelor s degree in journalism, communications or a related field.