To join our Real Estate team in Abu Dhabi working on a wide range of projects, often large and complex, which could include Residential, Commercial, Healthcare, Hospitality, Leisure and Master Plan developments.
Projects are primarily new build but could include fit out and refurbishment.
With a market leading client base and a varied portfolio of projects, this is an exciting time to join the growing business unit and develop a career with Turner & Townsend.
You will be working within a professional and ambitious team, where you will receive excellent support but also have the opportunity to demonstrate working on your own initiative.
• Senior Cost Managers lead commission varying types and sizes, depending upon the complexity of the project. Our projects generally are of significant size and value.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
• To perform the role of the Commission Manager, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery.
• To provide excellent service delivery to clients, gain their trust and enhance our reputation.
• To ensure that client objectives are met through the delivery of an effective cost management service from pre-contract to handover
KEY EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Detailed knowledge of and experience in Real Estate and Property sector working for a professional cost consultancy.
• Experience of pre-contract services from feasibility through to tendering, measurement of building works for estimating, report writing and preparation of Bills of Quantities and tender documents.
• Experience of different procurement methods, single stage, two stage and design and build preferred.
• Experience of post- contract services, interim applications, change management, variation valuation and extension of time claims.
• Detailed Experience of working with standard form contracts, FIDIC preferred, and administration of contract procedures.
• Demonstrable experience in client-facing roles, professional approach and confidence in presenting to clients, other consultants and project stakeholders.
• Demonstrable experience in dealing with contractors personnel with confidence and assurance.
• Report writing, Estimate reports, Cost reports, Procurement reports and Tender reports.
• Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan.
• Production of full Bills of Quantities and tender documents.
• Tendering and procuring, including managing the re-qualification stage, producing the tender list, preparing preambles and preliminaries, tender queries, tender analysis, producing the tender report and compiling the contractual documents.
• Negotiating with contractors and agreeing final accounts.
• Interfacing with the client, contractors and other consultants, at all projects stages.
• Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities.
• Degree - qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar.
• Minimum 7 years' experience in similar roles.
• Good knowledge of construction industry technical matter, such as different procurement routes, value management and value engineering.
• Knowledge of Cost X preferred.
• Knowledge of BIM preferred.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com