Cequens engineers own and run their products and services from conception to continuous operation. DevOps engineers play a key role and are embedded within teams to focus on the operational aspects of our services.
In Cequens Architecture team we believe that versatility and complementing proficiencies are the key to forming a better team. We are therefore looking for people with a variety of skills and specializations.
DevOps engineers are developers (not systems administrators) who apply their skills to operational concerns. As such, your background will be that of a developer who has had considerable experience in a highly-complex technical operations environment, preferably cloud-based services.
Cequens engineers develop services to implement real-time voice and messaging using standards such as SIP, RTP, SMPP, WebRTC and HTTP. Some technical concerns are availability, throughput, latency, media fidelity as well as real-time performance considerations. Our DevOps engineers are focused on 24x7 availability, performance and manageability concerns of these services.
DevOps role is to be truly in the heart of software development and you'll be focusing on:
• Work closely together with development teams to implement and
• Automate systems and architectures.
• Driving automation within an organisation utilising Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
• Automation Oriented
• Agile Mindset
• Develop and maintain scalable architecture solutions
• Coaching your peers as a subject matter expert on Cloud, Automation, IaC
• You are the owner of the environments.
You will collaborate with Product Managers, Product Owner and Engineering Managers to define and develop operational features, tools and processes including:
• Instrumentation for monitoring the health and availability of services including fault detection, alerting, triage and recovery (automated and manual).
• Performance management, including bench-marking and monitoring of vital metrics, capacity planning, and resolution of performance problems affecting service levels.
• Tools and processes for configuration management of systems. This includes participating in technology selection and architecture review to ensure zero downtime releases and maintenance as well as enable auto-scaling.
• Custom diagnostic and troubleshooting tools.
• Developer facing support tools made available via our developer portal and to our customer support team.
• Knowledge about AWS cloud platform
• You worked with Infrastructure as a Code, preferably CloudFormation / Terraform
• Micro-services and container-based stacks like Docker & Kubernetes
• Experience with scripting with Python, Bash, etc.
• Good understanding of Security and Security practices
• Experience with Configuration Management technologies preferably Ansible
• Experience with monitoring solutions like CloudWatch, Data Dog and the ELK stack
• Attractive pay package
• Mobile allowance
• Transportation allowance
• Personal loans
• Flexible hours
• Medical insurance
• Social activities
• Training & development
• Profit Share