Must be located in Kuwait Only
- Responsible for coordinating and executing repairs, troubleshooting and preventive maintenance on including, but not limited to, Automatic and Manual Transfer switches, electrical systems and apparatus, main power distribution systems and panel boards. The Master Electrician directly performs and supervises maintenance and repairs to facility electrical and wiring systems. They perform installation, maintenance, and repairs of equipment and to electrical distribution systems to insure safe and efficient operations. They provide direction and guidance to staff to provide electrical support as required.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES
- Performs a variety of electrical support that can include the operations of interior and exterior building electrical distribution encompassing switchgear, wiring, breaker & panels.
- Conducts installation, or, repairs to switchboards, circuit boards, controllers, & Transfer switches.
- Insures that all work is in full compliance with applicable electrical codes and standards.
- Interprets requirements and specifications from blueprints, drawings, layouts, and as builts to identify and diagnose electrical issues or problems.
- Communicates and coordinates tasks with other departments, or, agencies and organizations to minimize disruption to sustainment, or, site operations.
- Exercises high attention to safety and quality policies and procedures. Monitors and enforces safety practices in all work. Resolves any non-conformities or compliance issues. Insures that lockout/tagout procedures are vigorously observed when required.
- Provides status reports and other updates as required – both internal and customer.
- Responds to customer requests in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10 years of direct experience as an Electrician. 4 years as a Master Electrician is required.
- Prior experience in overseas, or, contingency work environments is preferred. Experience in the Middle East is advantageous.
- Experience working with US government customers is advantageous.
- A minimum high school diploma. Further advanced secondary education would be advantageous.
- A current and valid Electricians license is required.
- Additional training or, certification in construction management is preferred.
- Kuwait driver license is required.
- Must read, write, and converse in the English language at a high level of proficiency.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of recognized electrical codes – specifically, the National Electrical Code (NEC) standards is required. Knowledge of other jurisdictional codes, or, electrical regulations would be advantageous.
- The ability to work and interact with a wide range of customers – including military personnel.
- Perform with a high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to adapt and prioritize changing work requirements and tasks.
Require to Start Working Immediatly Only