ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability solutions and services to corporations, cities and governments across the globe. Comprised of existing and proven ENGIE Group businesses, ENGIE Impact brings together a wide range of strategic and technical capabilities, to provide a comprehensive offer to support clients in tackling their complex sustainability challenges from strategy to execution.
With 18 offices worldwide and headquarters in New York City, ENGIE Impact today has a portfolio of 1,000 clients, including 25% of the Fortune 500 Companies, across more than 1,000,000 sites. Uniting ENGIE Insight, Ecova UK, Red Engineering and the Advisory and Advanced Analytics division of Tractebel under a common umbrella, ENGIE Impact was created to engage with executives and organizational leaders to set tailored strategies and specific roadmaps to achieve their sustainability and zero-carbon objectives, across energy, water, waste and more, globally.
Senior Energy Economist
ENGIE Impact delivers high level worldwide consulting on Power Systems and is the excellence center of ENGIE for all related topics. The services cover Generation, Transmission and Distribution Master Planning, Load-demand forecast studies, techno-economic feasibility of electrical interconnections, investment feasibility, ... These services are provided by combining technical skills and economic competences in the field of Power Systems. Our clients are National Energy authorities, Regional Energy organizations, Transmission or Distribution System Operators and International Financing Institutions such as the World Bank.
As a Senior Economist, you contribute to the development of expertise, team coaching and project management, strengthening our world class expertise in Power Systems recognized at international levels as the center of excellence of ENGIE Group for all related topics.
• International consultancy services in techno-economic feasibility, master planning studies, tariff studies, ...
• Project management at an international level dealing with planning and economics of the energy systems: client/partner/subcontractors relationships, presentation of the results, ...
• Project team management by ensuring the coordination and coaching of the (international) team involved on the project
• Quality of the results by drafting adequate methodology and interpretation of the results
• Technical coaching of juniors
• Development of innovative concepts and methodologies
• Contribution to the development and improvements of tools dedicated to techno-economic feasibility and planning optimization (specifications)
• Business development can also be part of your function if you are able to take that role.
• You hold a Master's degree in electrical engineering (ideally with a specialization in power systems) or a Master's degree in economics.
• You have minimum 8 years of experience in energy system consulting (techno-economic modelling and simulation). A first international experience is an advantage.
• You have a proven experience in international consultancy services and project management
• You have preferably a financial background.
• You have a strong interest in the power systems and its various components and complex systemic interactions
• You are dynamic, creative, interested by high level expertise and team work
• You are fluent in English. English native is a strong asset.
• You are geographically mobile for short or mid-term missions all over the world
What we offer
• An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a real work/life balance .
• A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University) .
• An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits .
• A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle .
• Office location : Dubai or Riyadh
ENGIE Impact welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
• Posting Date: Oct 17, 2019