Support Operations VP in planning, managing and coordinating maintenance and shutdown activities to ensure that production and uptime targets are effectively met and that the facility is operated and maintained safely and efficiently in accordance with Company policies, objectives and quality standards. Maintenance scope includes mechanical, electrical and instrument equipment as well as civil and structural works.
Takes functional direction from and supports the Engineering Manager in the preparation and implementation of maintenance strategies, budgets, policies, procedures and guidelines.
Job Specific Accountabilities
Planning & Maintenance Coordination:
• Supports unit tests to improve reliability and I or throughput. Planning is in conjunction with other relevant departments such as Operations, Production Engineering or Contractor.
• Supports production priorities for planned maintenance and preparation of equipment for overhauls and, periodic shutdowns.
• Assists the Operation Manager with respect to the coordination work of the Maintenance Department with Projects, and Engineering Division regarding the short I long term planning of the Division's activities and the needs of the Plant.
• Reviews equipment history data, analyses chronic failures and problems, identifies 'bad actors', conducts Root Cause Analysis and develops recovery strategies for the implementation of upgrades and modifications to improve reliability in the Sulphur Station.
• Reviews all maintenance section appraisals for consistency.
• Coordinates weekly/monthly/long term maintenance planning.
• Ensures the safe and timely completion of maintenance activities and shutdowns / turnarounds by coordination and managing of the maintenance planning, preparation and execution activities.
• Provides maintenance and technical support with engineering and project management services for minor projects including the planning, execution and supervision of the works.
• Continually reviews and initiates corrective action to maintain minimum stock, repairable and insurance stock on spare parts.
• Provides needed support to team leaders on matters related to production operation, maintenance and coordination of activities in the safest manner with minimum impact on production and environment.
• Provides assistance to site for shutdowns and release of facilities for various activities/projects in coordination with relevant teams, Maintenance and other Divisions.
• Takes Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) lead in ensuring 'safe systems of work' and 'safe conditions' are in place within his area of responsibility.
• Demonstrates visible commitment to HSE by periodically leading / taking part in risk assessments, audits, HSE meetings, emergency drills, HAZOPS, SIL classification, reliability improvement initiatives, etc.
• Enforces the implementation of CO. Health, Safety and Environment Management System (HSE-MS) and asset integrity reliability management system (AIRMS), and promotes awareness of its use among his staff.
• Participates in Risk Assessment exercises and prepares recommendations and guidelines to address the findings.
• Participates in Root Cause Failure Analysis teams. Investigates issues due to equipment failure and determines the root cause and also associated with the performance of equipment and implements improvement plans.
• Ensures that the predictive, preventative and breakdown maintenance activities and progress are maintained in the system.
• Ensures that the Operations & Maintenance interest is fully covered and resources are properly allocated in all aspects of the relevant project life cycle from conceptual to completion, with full co- ordination/involvement of the respective Asset Unit teams/members.
• To contribute to the development and direct the Implementation of the Asset Integrity and Reliability
Management System to ensure reliable operations and highest levels.
• To set direction for planning and executing plant modifications and efficiency improvement initiatives, to improve the integrity of the Plant facilities and to minimize operational disruptions.
Budgets & Cost Control :
• To assist in the preparation of the budget for the Division and to effectively cooperate with other Divisions to ensure that sufficient infrastructure and competent human resources are provided as well as optimized business processes are in place to fulfil the objectives for the Division in an effective and cost conscious manner.
• Participates in preparation of annual and long term (5-year) Capital and Operating budgets in conjunction with both the Sulphur Plant Operations Manager and the Engineering and Maintenance Manager.
• Reconciles capital and operating expenditure against planned budget for maintenance activities and equipment. Investigates and addresses any variances to ensure effective cost control. Identifies areas of cost reduction.
• Guide, direct, coach, train, develop and motivate team leaders and department personnel (including developees) to work to their best potential and display a high degree of customer orientation.
• To promote the development of knowledge, competences and innovative spirit in the Division in coordination with the Human Resources Division to ensure accurate skill levels and to continuously develop staff with emphasis on UAE Nationals.
• Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
• Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
• Provide input for preparation of the Department budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved
Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
• Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Implement approved Section policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support
execution of the Section’s work programs in line with Company and International standards.
• Comply with all applicable legislation and legal regulations.