3. JOB PURPOSE:
Reports to Team Leader, Production Operations (Site) and manages plant operations, troubleshoot any abnormalities, guidance to Operations staff in solving operating problems to assure reliability, high efficiency and to achieve best practice production in line with HSE Management System.
Meet Oil & Water targets; solve operating problems and optimizing/monitoring PROCESS conditions through data acquisition, analysis, and applications to assure reliability and to achieve high efficiency.
4. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Manage field Operations & Maintenance activities and responsible for day-to-day operational activities, achieve production & injection targets in complaint to Company HSE policies & procedures.
Manage Well Pads/ Plant operations & maintenance activities, turnaround and start-up sequential activities, troubleshooting plant’s day-to-day problems with a view to enhance the operational efficiency, eliminating obsolescence and achieving cost reduction.
Ensure the safe and efficient operation of all process facilities, safety systems and utilities to ensure maximum production of hydrocarbons in accordance with Co. standards, production targets, plans and specifications
Job Specific Accountabilities
• Proficiently delivered Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning, installation, Start-up of E&P facilities (Wells, Well Pads, Oil, Gas & Water Injection facilities). Well conversant with shutdown isolation (LO/LC/CSC/CSO) and pre-commissioning and commissioning work procedures.
• Review and develop operating procedures for existing plants and new modifications to ensure safe start up and integrate with those of other affected sections.
• Well adept in handling remote operated plant operations through the Total Distributed Control System (DCS) and other advanced technology systems installed at Wells/ Facilities in Oil/Gas Process plants to monitor and control the unit operations.
• Review the operating data as per the planned production targets, past and present prevailing conditions including laboratory analysis, operating plant performance; highlight any major deviations from the operating envelopes (parameters), and ensure suitable actions are taken towards their mitigation.
• Conversant in handling Well head operations (Oil/Water Injection) and able to pan and coordinate wellhead surface maintenance jobs and understand the risks involved in the job and mitigation measures.
Version: 1.0 Date Modified: 05-06-2018 Page 1 of 5
Senior Engineer, Operations
• Responsible for preparation and coordination with Rigs & Rig less teams for well workover/intervention operations and handover and takeover of the well from Rigs.
• Perform trouble-shooting and problem solving during equipment or unit failure and performs start-up and shut down of the equipment/unit safely with in parameter of safe operating envelope (Process Safety Management)
• Resolve noncompliance to all relevant process safety elements and integrity compliance KPI, and monitor and report any deviation from the environment requirements.
• Participate and provide high quality input in various studies like Hazop, SIL, Risk assessment, Root
Cause Analysis, etc.
• Manage & control contracts, task orders for the scheduled and unscheduled activities in the field.
• Good Knowledge of Permit to Work system (PTW), Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Work Procedures, Risk analysis (QRA), First investigation report (FIR). Well conversant with PPE’s like SCBA, Safety Harness and Good Housekeeping Practices.
• Approves pigging operations and liaises with maintenance personnel on pig launching, determines and controls pig speed and flow rates.
• Ensures that subordinates are fully familiar with HSE policies, requirements and procedures. Takes charge of operations in case of emergencies and contacts emergency team as soon as possible.
• Liaises with ADCO operations personnel on quantity and quality of oil/gas received on daily basis for accurate hydro carbon accounting.
• Review Control Room Logs on a daily basis and advise team Leader, Production Operations (Site) where plant is not performing to design or any equipment requires maintenance
• Ensure process start-up and shutdown procedures are technically correct to ensure efficient plant re-sets and start-up after a plant trip or major planned shutdown
• Review maintenance and performance of Safety Critical equipment and systems and advise on improvements or modifications
• Perform in an Emergency Response role as defined in the Company’s Emergency Response Procedures
• Area Authority for authorizing Permits and the safe, efficient operation of the assets Permit to Work system (Safe System of Work), including inhibits, override, isolations and Permit Certificates
• Generate procedures, checklists and method statements for process operations and review update existing procedures
• Provide Production Operations input to short, medium and long term asset production plans and work programmes to ensure production targets are met safely and effectively
• Ensure all process plant is operating at peak performance to maximize plant uptime and minimize production loss
Material Stock Management:
• Checks daily inventories of process chemicals to ensure the agreed stock levels are maintained and variances resolved.
• Carries out regular checks on stocks of consumable materials, such as chemicals, oils, diesel, tools and other related materials.
• Liaises with the production engineers, procurement and other relevant contacts to ensure safe and orderly delivery of process chemicals by shift or day operators to the designated areas of the plant storage.