The Office of the Vice President seeks an incumbent for the position of Senior Events and Public Relations Officer who will be under the direction and supervision of Manager, Protocol & Administration, spearheads the provision of Events & Public Relations support to the VPO, ZU employees, and external entities as needed, especially in the Dubai Campus.
• Plans and implements all activities and events associated with the VPO on the Dubai Campus.
• Seeks support from the Abu Dhabi Event and Protocol Coordinator, as needed.
• Ensures exceptional planning and execution of major VPO events related to Dubai Campus.
• Provides timely, comprehensive and professional interaction with appropriate parties to offer services in support of University events.
• Reviews event arrangements organized by other departments or colleges as requested to assure presentations meet the standards of the University.
• Maintains listing of events for the VP Office Dubai Campus.
VIPs & VPO Guests/Visitors:
• Maintains a data base of VIP guest names and contact details.
• Organizes the mass mailings to VIP guests for events organized through the VPO & Contact them to confirm attendance.
• Updates and maintains card scan database.
• Actively Supports planning, preparing and implementing all plans for VPO visitors and events on the Dubai campus
• Put together diverse elements in support of VIP visits and events to the Dubai campus.
• Organizes multiple visits and events, sometimes on a very short notice.
• Liaises with Colleges and Departments for visiting lecturers for student attendance.
• Liaises with the Marketing & Publications Department for all printed materials and banners as needed for events.
• Provides administrative support to the Manger, Protocol & Administration, VPO, as needed.
• Organizes and files documents for the Manger, Protocol & Administration and for VPO as needed.
• Oversees placement of and reviews documents placed on the VP Office Staff electronic filing system, SharePoint.
• Attends meetings called by the Manager, Protocol & Administration and prepares notes on the proceedings.
• Formats and sends letters prepared by the Manager, Protocol & Administration.
• Follow-up tasks to be sure all matters brought to the attention of the Manager, Protocol & Administration are completed in a timely manner.
• Keeps an inventory of supplies required by the VP s office.
• Uploads purchasing requests into banner system for VP Office.
• Processes purchase requests and keeps files of documents signed by the Manager, Protocol & Administration.
• Prepares presentations under the direction of Manager, Protocol & Administration.
• Maintains inventory of all VP gifts; advises the Manager, Protocol & Administration when quantities are low.
• Sets up meetings requested by the Manger, Protocol & Administration.
• Must possess a bachelor s degree in a relevant field from an accredited institution with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Must have a good comprehension and oral command of English and Arabic.
• Must have good reading and writing skills in English and Arabic.
• Good computer skills are essential.