• Office Correspondence :
• Compose, prepare efficiently all office correspondence (Arabic and English) having zero mistakes
• Proofread and disseminate correspondences to the related internal and external parties;
• Receive and screen incoming calls, greet visitors and handle their inquiries or direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs;
• Follow-up any issue internally concerning office staff, e.g. attendance, visa processes, medical insurance, etc...
• Calendar Management:
• Schedule, prioritize appointments, ensuring that meetings, deadlines and other duties of the ED, Tourism Development and Investments office are carried out seamlessly;
• Handle, coordinate travel arrangements; prepares itineraries; prepares, compiles and maintains travel vouchers and records.
• Alert concerned parties about any cancellations or new meetings and maintain calendar up to date.
• Projects Liaison and coordination
• Create a strong and accurate follow up system
• Ensure that all the team members tasks are aligned and deadlines are met
• Builds a thorough understanding of DTCM and DM procurement system in order to follow up on tender life cycle
• Relationship management:
• Understanding the nature of work of each government entity or project partners
• Building a strong professional relationship with all internal and external parties related to the project
• Meetings & Events:
• Organize and coordinate internal and external meetings, conferences, conference calls, etc...
• Ensure meeting agenda is shared with all related parties, attend meetings, record meeting minutes circulate on all involved parties ;
• Records Management:
• Setting up and manage both electronic and paper filing systems;
• File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
• General Tasks:
• Maintain office supplies of stationery and equipment suffice;
• Perform any other job-related duties and responsibilities as designated by the line manager.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
• Office operations
• Internal customer satisfaction index;
• Accurate and timely preparation of correspondence;
• Ability to manage a heavy calendar
• Timely responses on meeting requests
• Record management
• Availability of updated records;
• Timely and ease of retrieve records;
• Alignment with record keeping guidelines;
• Availability of all required level of office supplies;
• Proficient in English, Arabic is essential;
• Proficient in MS Office Software.
Skills and Abilities:
• Organizational skills;
• Project management skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Communication skills;
• Multi task;
• Excellent oral and written communication skill;
• Attention to detail and deadlines;
• Ability to assess priorities;
• Ability to perform under pressure;
• Analytical thinking;
• Results Orientation;
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or any other related field.
• 5 - 6 years of relevant working experience.
• Occasional offsite meetings/visits.
- Promotes the morale of their team; ensures that the tasks assigned and the objectives put for their team members are commensurate with their abilities and can be accomplished at the desired level.
- Plans to solve anticipated problems proactively; seizes opportunities to develop the inputs and outputs of their team s work.
- Shows good understanding of the personal and needs of their team members and subordinates; promotes positive work relationships in the work environment; always seeks to highlight the contributions of colleagues and subordinates through the division of work tasks in a way that suits and reinforces their abilities and helps them to succeed; encourages and facilitates knowledge-sharing and devises mechanisms for knowledge transfer and sharing.
- Celebrates not only the achievements of their team, but also the team members individual and professional successes; intervenes to support and back subordinates and team members when obstacles arise; always has alternative plan in case of deadlocks; shows interest in lessons learned from previous projects.
- Displays a good degree of composure when facing problems and work pressures and cooperates with colleagues to overcome these; stays focused in times of crises.
- Ensures they manage diversity and differences among team members and uses these in the interest of work and its outcomes.
Creativity & Innovation
- Sees possibilities which others have not noticed
- Strong ability to commercialise ideas or new approaches
- Continually learns and develops skills to apply innovative thinking to stay ahead of customer expectations
- Takes calculated risk after carefully weighing up potential hazards and benefits to the entity
- Encourages brainstorming sessions to get team inputs
- Helps others in leading to creative solutions through questioning, experimenting and augmenting their input
- Finds out about employees education, interests and skills that go beyond their stated job responsibilities, and tries to leverage this knowledge creatively within their present job roles
- Consistently generates and employs original ideas for him/herself and others
- Adapts own thinking to meet changing circumstances, unexpected constraints and challenges
Excellence in Execution
- Anticipates problems that may interfere with the quality of services offered
- Supports others in their quest for excellence
- Systematically applies learning about quality issues from previous experiences
- Works on finding radical solutions and resists pressure for a short-term fix that will not improve quality on the long-term
- Organises team s work and allocates tasks/responsibilities so that objectives can be accomplished
- Clarifies and prioritizes objectives, and gives constructive feedback to keep team focused
- Encourages others to use planning tools and utilities to facilitate success
- Demonstrates good understanding of the section/department s operations/services provided and their objectives
- Understands the products and services provided by the section/department and the reasons behind them
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the work processes and procedures applied in functional unit
- Demonstrates good knowledge of the functions within the Government Entity and the relationship between them