Senior Facilities & Operations Manager
• Work effectively as part of the senior management team and take a “whole company” perspective to manage issues.
• Serving as a focal point for support services and concerns of the Facilities and Operations Department including budgeting, contracting/purchasing, property control, and human resources (HR) management.
• The job holder, with Head of Departments, has overall business responsibility for the management of each division; including the general running of the division, setting budgets, minimising risks, maximising opportunities, achieving the division’s targets; and seeking to positively influence the progression and growth.
• Establish and implement policies and procedures for all departments.
• Establish personal and organizational KPI's and goals, and promote interaction of key elements. Assign and monitor work in progress and completed for quality and timeliness utilizing process-based KPIs established. Evaluate staff for work completion, productivity, goal achievement, and customer service.
• Manages and coordinates the administrative and operational staff, systems, and activities that ensure optimal functioning and maintenance of all building properties.
• Undertake emergency and planned maintenance and repairs within capability; respond effectively and maintain a log of such works.
• Maintain all equipment, tools and plant in a safe and good condition; liaising with external suppliers and services where necessary
• Prepares and implements preventive maintenance schedules. Schedules and supervises maintenance workers engaged in building and grounds upkeep and repair; responsible for safety and security, electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and ventilation services.
• Directs, supervises and ensures staff receives training related to specific job tasks and responsibilities such as buildings, grounds, infrastructures, equipment.
• To ensure appropriate staffing levels and deployment of staff in all premises-related departments.
• Anticipates issues, prioritizes and plans the team for a proper action plan and ensure that they are completed within set deadlines.
• Delegates work with clear work instructions and provide performance feedback to team members.
• Organizes departmental meetings to regularly update colleagues and resolve issues as a preventive measure to possible problems and conflicts.
• Ensures facilities maintenance work follows safety standards, conforms to specifications, and work orders are tracked and completed within the budgeted guidelines.
• Oversee contractors engaged for facility renovation projects.
• Negotiating contracts with outside vendors for products and services.
• Crafting a budget to account for all of a facility’s operational costs, from payroll to emergency repairs and constantly looking for ways to reduce costs while still maintaining high standards
• To be responsible for the ordering and checking of invoices, monitoring of budgets and keeping stock records of all equipment and tools within the post holders’ scope of responsibility.
• Liaise with other departments to resolve any FM operational issues and other department issues as well which relates to FM.
• Ensure compliance to Development Control Regulations (DCR)
• Work programs to promote excellent customer service, effective response times and provide expert insights into general maintenance support issues
• Ensure efficient functioning of STP operation, by periodical inspection, and guiding the technique for resolving any major issues.