Role Description Senior Financial Planning, Accounting & Reporting Manager
Location : Dubai
Reporting to the Head of Finance MEA, this role will take full responsibility for all management & statutory reporting within the region. Managing a small team, responsibilities will span monthly & quarterly reporting, budgets & forecasting as well in-depth analysis of key metrics thus supporting senior management with delivery of the region s financial performance.
• Responsible for the management and integrity of the monthly and quarterly close process.
• Production of monthly management accounts & finance packs including analysis & insightful commentary
• Responsibility for production & analysis of reports that support the Finance team and Senior Management in day to day operations
• Review of month end Balance Sheet accounts
• Overseeing statutory audits for all entities across the region and act as main point of contact with auditors
• Assist with Group audit in relation to Middle East & Africa
• Main point of contact to Group Finance team with respect to monthly regional performance
• Full end to end responsibility for the Annual Budget process as well as interim Forecasts
• Monthly preparation of business support spend, discussing with Support Managers to highlight and discuss variances to budget
• Provide reports required to support the Finance Team's projects i.e. working capital projects
• Deliver year end management accounts to group deadlines;
• Ad hoc reporting analysis (e.g. to support Head of Finance presentations, Support Managers);
• Develop new & insightful data presentation to aid non-Finance stakeholders
• Preparing and delivering in-depth financial analysis and insightful narrative on the financial and commercial areas for operational and strategic discussions.
• Identifying and undertaking key projects that form part of the MEA strategic plan.
• Building relationships, influencing and presenting at the different meetings within the MEA region.
• Management of regional FP&A team as well key member of the MEA Finance Management Team
Competencies and experience required
We are looking for an experienced, qualified finance professional with high-level analytical skills, team management ability and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders both Finance and Business, local & global. The ideal candidate will also have:
• Educated to degree level (2:1 or above)
• A minimum of 10 years extensive experience managing finance teams, preparing and analysing reports and making improvements to fiscal tools and systems .
• Experience using Elite 3E or similar practice management systems would be advantageous
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written (must be fluent in English)
• Strong numeric & analytical skills and an excellent level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Intermediate or advanced Excel
• Strong time management and organisational skills and the ability to work well under pressure and to regular tight deadlines
• The ability to problem solve, analyse situations and identify key issues
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a multitude of different stakeholders
• Experience with Tableau or similar enhanced presentation tools would also be an advantage
Clyde & Co overview
A pragmatic and dynamic international law firm with a focus on core sectors of health care, education, hospitality, infrastructure, insurance, international trade, natural resources and transportation. Clyde & Co is recognised for its work in and with fast-moving and volatile emerging markets, and for a history of managing complex, multi-jurisdictional transactions and disputes.
From a network of 50+ offices and 3,600+ staff over 6 continents, we are on the front line for our clients' interests, all over the world.
Clyde & Co in the Middle East and Africa
Clyde & Co's first Middle East office was formally established almost 30 years ago, following many prior years of client involvement in and with the region. Our regional offices work as an interconnected and cohesive unit in order to provide advice to clients from all over the world, as well as to regional corporate entities and governments, on their operations and interests throughout the Middle East. Our lawyers are supported by comprehensive in-house translation, government liaison, management and information services teams as we strive to provide first class professional service levels and insight to our clients.
We are one of the major international law firms in the GCC with around 200 specialist lawyers and paralegals, and 350 staff in total, operating as one unit across our regional office network :
Abu Dhabi Doha Dubai Muscat Riyadh
We act as the first point of call for advice across the Middle East region for many of our multinational clients. Through our work across the region over the past quarter century, our market knowledge, experience and networks are second to none. We provide in-depth coverage of the firm's core sectors, as well as strong cross-practice sector teams in place focusing on regionally important sectors such as education, healthcare and hospitality.