Directs and participates in reservoir characterization studies in the assigned field, monitors the interpretation of all available geological data in order to improve the geological models of producing for undeveloped & potential reservoirs.
• Builds 3D geological models incorporating reservoir rock typing, structural, seismic, SCAL data and performances uncertainty analyses.
• Evaluates geological uncertainties in the subsurface by defining and ranking geological scenarios. Supports reservoir engineers in the simulation studies. Initiates and follows up closely on all geology related studies in new reservoirs carried out by consultants or shareholders in assigned field/concession area.
• Develops, directs, and participates in geological reservoir studies aimed at constructing and/or improving geological models. Includes coordinating and defining coring, logging and testing requirements.
• Coordinates and checks the preparation of geological requirements and geological predictions of appraisal and development wells.
• Coordinates and participates in the preparation of reservoir appraisal sheets. Includes reviewing and evaluating test results.
• Participates in the definition of contracted special field testing related to reservoir geology. Includes defining scope of special test required, preparing specifications, evaluating bids and recommending final award and contract features as assigned. Ensures contractors’ compliance with contract terms and schedules and monitors progress and performance through regular activity reports.
• Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
• Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
• Provide input for preparation of the Department budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved
Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives
• Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Implement approved Section / Department policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Section’s / Department work programs in line with Company and International standards.
• Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Section / Department in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
• Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
• Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and CO. Code of Practices
• Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Internal
• Daily interaction with VP-Reservoir and team member within Development and Division on the ongoing operations and projects
• Becomes focal point with shareholders in communicating the geomodelling and other related G&G studies
• Establish contact with other OPCOs on sharing knowledge and joint studies
• Contacts with consultants and contractors on projects carried out for Co., as required