• Jobs at this level are responsible for providing support in designing systems, circuits and equipment and managing the production of accurate reports including recommendations to aid the decision making process. Also, they are responsible for developing detailed specification on server consolidation and operating system technology, assist in driving migration of legacy storage to new servers and supporting high priority and critical infrastructure requests/complaints.
• Perform routine activities within the specified scope.
• Implement day-to-day operations for managing STC's work units and ensure compliance with the established standards and procedures.
• Support in translating Sectors business requirements into technical specification.
• Assist in design and expansion for engineering purpose including but not limited to mobile access, fixed & transport, network control & architecture, integrated solutions, IP security, and indoor broadband solutions, COWs
• Assist in chancing site configurations, frequencies as and when required.
• Assist in implementing RFP, BoQ, SOW, MOP and its technical specification ensuring all required standards are met.
• Assist in evaluating gaps between the as - is and to-be and defines transition strategies for addressing those gaps.
• Assist in formulating solutions initiatives and ensures communication and implementation the same.
• Assist in managing changes to solutions to align it accurately with business requirements.
• Participate in constructing technical blueprint design for solutions that needs to be developed keeping technical capabilities and financial constraints in check.
• Assist in conducting test scenarios, cases and scripts to align with business and functional requirements.
• Support in designing work specifications for circuits, systems, server consolidation, operating system and equipment ensuring all relevant factors are considered and evaluated and that the specifications are followed accurately.
• Receive all infrastructure requests pertaining to deployment and implementation of servers, virtualization, operating systems, database systems, storage, backup, archiving systems from all Sectors.
• Support all high priority and critical infrastructure requests/complaints pertaining to servers, OS services, database services and storage services.
• Participate in the design reviews of projects to ensure consistency, maintain quality and support effective implementation from an engineering design perspective
• Participate in the implementation and maintenance of designed circuits, network, systems and equipment.
• Conduct research activities to test the feasibility, operation, or performance of approved project designs.
• Test circuits, systems and equipment in order to ensure that it meets functional specification.
• Evaluate the performance of existing and potential systems/equipment and processes, ensuring that appropriate action is taken, or recommendations are made.
• Undertake speculative investigation as directed, to assess relevant factors, and makes appropriate recommendations to maximise the efficiency of the systems and equipment.
• Assist in developing policies, procedures, processes and standards development for assets management.
• Assist in identifying, evaluating and mitigating operational risks in correlation with key business drivers.
• Support in maintain healthy relationships with Fixed Asset department under Finance.
• Support in implementing asset and license management system across STC whilst coordinating with
• Perform vulnerability tests in order to assist seniors in assessing security risks to the systems and equipment.
• Perform maintenance and repair of the existing systems and equipment independently for simple systems or under supervision for complex systems.
• Liaise with external suppliers and internal customers in order to gather and collate the necessary information.
• Maintain close communications with Districts and implementation teams.
• Follow and implement best practice solutions and processes in order to ensure quality of systems, as guided by the senior management.
• Help with routine work and escalates issues, as necessary.
• Liaise within the assigned team to build effective working relationships.
• Bachelor s degree in Telecommunications/Electronics & Communication/Computer Engineering/Computer Science
• Relevant certification in Information Technology Service or Infrastructure Management (ITSM/ITIL) is preferred
• 2 4 years of experience in the circuit/system design area and IT infrastructure involving servers, operating systems, database systems and storage & backup systems at technology/telecommunication industry
Desired Skills & Knowledge
• Intermediate knowledge of servers, operating systems, database systems and storage & backup systems
• Basic proficiency in asset management and related activities
• Intermediate proficiency in infrastructure deployment and implementation
• Intermediate proficiency in system capacity planning and life-cycle management
• Basic proficiency in business acumen
• Intermediate proficiency in data collection & analysis
• Intermediate proficiency in reporting skills
• Basic proficiency in Infrastructure & Applications design principles
• Basic proficiency in project management skills
• Intermediate proficiency in Application, Information, Data and Service Architecture
• Intermediate proficiency in ERP systems, Software Development Lifecycle, Business Process & Database Modelling