Senior IT Auditor / IT Audit Supervisor
Confidential - a leading Business Group with Operations spanning 60 countries
IT Audit ,
Our Client , a leading Business Group with Operations spanning 60 countries , is looking for Senior IT Auditor / IT Audit Supervisor to be based in Amman Jordan and reports to Chief of Internal Audit
• Only Jordanian Candidates to Apply
• 10 12 years good experience .
• Assuming Audit Supervisory responsibilities , very much potentially IT Audit Manager
• Candidates coming from Financial Industry, Big 4 or those who are familiar with Group structure where there are branches and subsidiaries have to report to HQ , are very much encouraged to apply.
• Strong interpersonal skills and analytical abilities are required.
The Senior IT Auditor will lead a variety of IT audits and special projects focused on evaluating, and determining the effectiveness, adequacy, and efficiency of, internal controls surrounding data (Information) and assets. This position will work directly for the Chief Internal Auditor. This position requires experience in performing internal audits from start (i.e. planning and creation of customized audit programs) to finish (report writing, conducting closing meetings, and performing follow-up reviews). This position requires advanced knowledge of IT general controls, network operating environments, network components, an understanding of information technology infrastructures, operating systems, servers, information security management, relational database management systems, program changes, web applications, BCP/DR, and systems development life cycles. The Senior IT Auditor must understand and apply IT frameworks (i.e. COBIT 5), and standards (i.e. NIST), and have the ability to assess financial, operational, and regulatory risks as they relate to the use of information technology. The Senior IT Auditor is responsible for managing assignments to stay within budgeted hours, while ensuring effective completion of assignments. The Senior IT Auditor must ensure all work performed has a focus of adding value and/or strengthening controls/operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Independently and proactively plans and performs assigned audit engagements related to: information technology applications, infrastructure, general controls, security, confidentiality, integrity and availability of data, and the reliability of existing information system controls to determine that activities are in compliance with policies/procedures, applicable regulations, and in line with applicable standards.
• Ensure successful completion of the annual IT audit plan engagements.
• Prepare sound audit programs for each audit, to outline the planned approach for the efficient and effective conduct of the audit. Perform interviews, conduct fieldwork, and develop audit work papers to support findings and recommendations.
• Write and present clear and concise reports to summarize the work performed during each engagement.
• Maintain continuous communication with auditees, and Internal Audit leadership regarding the status of the engagement, and with regards to findings, as they are identified. Ensure each finding is thoroughly discussed with the auditee during fieldwork, and ensure recommendations are well thought out, and viable.
• Performs follow-up reviews to assess, and report on the status and progress of management s action plans in response to internal audit observations and recommendations.
• Complete all assigned work in a timely and accurate manner.
• Assist in developing the annual IT audit plan.
• Adhere to the IIA Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing in all engagements.
• Build and maintain effective working relationships, and maintain a service-oriented approach in the delivery of work.
• Proven ability to work effectively on multiple projects at the same time, and learn complex technical concepts.
• Keeps up-to-date regarding changes in policies, procedures, current developments in IT and auditing professions, and changes in local countries Laws as applicable.
• Perform other duties and assist with projects as assigned.
• Bachelor s degree in Management Information Systems, Information Security/ Assurance, Computer Science, or a related discipline. Related professional certification - CISA or CITP is required.
• Minimum of 10-12 years experience in IT auditing, or an IT risk & compliance role. Higher education experience is a plus. Working knowledge of security and technology frameworks (i.e. NIST, COBIT 5).
• This position requires proactive, effective communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with all members of the Group including frequent meetings/discussions with leadership. This position also requires the ability to write/create customized audit programs for each audit, prepare detailed work papers for all audit work performed, and the ability to write clear and concise audit reports to document the observations and related recommendations.
• Moderate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Master s degree preferred.
• Experience with audit analytics tools (e.g. ACL, IDEA) preferred.
• CISSP, CISM or other applicable certification is a plus.