Senior Kids Designer (Teen wear)
Job location: Kuwait
Full time role
Salary: ( 40-48K Per annum + Annual Self ticket & Medical insurance for self only (after exceeding the probation period).
EU National & South African preferred
*Relocation a must*
Please find below the JD for your review.
Fashion Designing Activities;
• Conduct continuous research through utilizing different mediums including Catwalks, Fashion Runways, bloggers, garment magazines, etc. to identify market trends & obtain information about consumer preferences, best sellers shapes & fabric in the market and look out for key shapes to build out the range that best fit in the company.
• Create seasonal design concepts, mood boards (collection inspiration, colors, fabric, initial design, etc.), fabric board and detailed board and present it to the Design Manager for feedback.
• Sketch rough and detailed drawings (initial designs) of apparel throughout the conceptual design process in line with the major and seasonal themes.
• Communicate first design sketches to the Graphic Designers and provide them with all required details to prepare mock-ups in order to visualize design ideas and reflect the required changes on the design and submit the same to Design Manager to obtain feedback.
• Review the required changes on the initial design and apply these changes in accordance with the set timelines and guidelines provided by the Design Manager.
• Liaise with buyers for fabric and other material procurement and ensure that samples are received on time.
• Carry out the required alterations based on Range Review meeting feedback and Design Manager instructions, prepare final designs.
• Write final designs specifications such as color, schemes, first/front & back of the design, color, fabric composition, measurements, material types, etc. required to develop the technical pack and provide the same to the Buying Team.
• Receive the pre-production samples from the Buying Team and provide feedback and comments if required to the Design Manager.
• Perform ad-hoc and other duties related to the job as assigned by the Direct Manager.
• Prepare reports that cover all related activities such as research findings, design status, incidents / problems encountered during the design, etc. for the Direct Manager.
Qualifications and Certifications
• Bachelor s Degree in Fashion Design, Art and Design, Clothing Technology, Fashion Technology or any related field.
• Diploma in Fashion Styling, Diploma in Apparel Design and Technology, Diploma of Applied Fashion Design, Master Sewing & Design Professional Certification is preferred.
• Minimum of 3 5 years of experience in the same or any related field.
• Good knowledge of sketching, tailoring & sewing techniques, pattern making, fabrics, colors and shapes, analyzing or predicting trends, producing concept and mood boards.
*Reclocation is a must to kuwait*