The Head of Infrastructure plays a leadership role on the technology team and works closely across the disciplines. You will be operationally responsible for ensuring the availability, integrity, and security for all IT systems and infrastructure. You will provide infrastructure services vision, enable innovation leverage IT trends that can create business value consistent with the company's requirements and expectations.
• Development of enterprise standards and technology architecture and the IT operations governance process
• Technology infrastructure planning and deployment of technology for various projects.
• Planning, project management and implementation leadership, identifying opportunities for automation, cost savings, and service quality improvement.
• To manage partnerships with external suppliers for IT infrastructure services including, support services, change management, consultation services and the production and distribution of regular reports.
• To monitor the performance of the IT infrastructure, ensuring that it is optimized and that future capacity planning in undertaken.
• To maintain and implement effective IT infrastructure policies, standards, procedures and guidelines.
• To research and recommend changes to the IT infrastructure architecture, ensuring that all new and enhanced facilities are effectively project managed and thoroughly tested, before being implemented in the production environment.
• Development of enterprise standards, technology architecture, and the IT operations governance process.
• Conduct product and vendor evaluations ensuring best in class technologies and partners.
• Works closely with and manage strategic vendor partner relationships. Setup and run the Governance with the partners. Build strategic relationships for creating value for the organization.
• Participate in the formulation of the company's enterprise architecture and business system plans; assessing cost and feasibility, and ensuring the plan is aligned with and supports the strategic goals of the business.
• This role is a highly collaborative one. You will work closely with senior engineering teams in ensuring that systems meet the overall business requirements and standards.
As the Head of Infrastructure, you will need to work collaboratively in an agile environment in order to excel and have a track record in leadership. Ideally, you will possess:
• IT engineering / Graduate with Computer Science or equivalent qualification from a recognized University / Institution. An equivalent of the same in working experience is also acceptable for this position
• Experience in a similar role within a cloud based technology environment, Banking strongly preferred for 5+ years
• Hands-on technical depth to enables direct oversight, problem-solving leadership and participation for complex infrastructure implementation, system upgrades and operational troubleshooting.
• Experience leading a 24x7 cloud based production environment
• Expertise in full stack architecture technologies and be highly with cloud-based technologies.
• Highly customer-centric with a passion to deliver a best-in-class customer experience
• Exceptional communication skills both written and oral
• High levels of personal and professional integrity
• An entrepreneurial approach with an ability to operate both at a strategic level and to be hands on
• A positive, self-sufficient leader with excellent communication skills, intellect and energy
• Very sound judgment and business instinct with a desire to challenge traditional thinking
• Ability to admit when you are wrong and learn from it ready to share news, no matter how bad you think it is
• Ability to encourage followership, motivate and develop a diverse group of people towards a challenging goal
• Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive
• A collaborative working style.
• A very strong work ethic and a focus on customer delivery.