SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people s lives.
The Office of Ethics and Compliance (OEC) is responsible for developing and operating SAP Compliance programs, including support for the SAP Code of Business Conduct and related
compliance practices and policies. We focus on applicable bribery and corruption laws as well as serious fraud and conflicts of interest.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
• The successful candidate will be expected to take ownership in managing this dynamic landscape, with support and guidance from EMEA/ MEE
and Global Compliance Leadership.
His/her key responsibilities will be:
• Provide compliance advice on Compliance matters and ensure compliance principles are adhered to in Management
decision-making, so that SAP acts in accordance with best-in-class compliance standards;
• Serve as trusted advisor to Senior Leadership;
• Administer, prepare, run & follow up on local Compliance Committees;
• Organize and administer training on compliance topics including avoidance of bribery and corruption, competition law concerns,
handling confidentiality and conflicts of interest, doing business with government customers, fraud in the contracting process, general fraud, etc
• Provide compliance oversight on sales activities: work with business to vet and validate sale, marketing, third-party transactions and presales opportunities,
serve as trusted advisor and gatekeeper
• Review and analyze Due Diligence for Partners and third parties
• Support compliance investigations & manage Consequence Management: formulate consequence options with the guidance of Global Compliance
leadership, build consensus with relevant HR, Legal, and Business executives, and execute
• Serve as Liaison to Global Compliance leadership: receive and respond to the sub-region relevant Compliance inquiries and complaints, monitor response
mechanism, liaise with relevant Regional stakeholders;
• Stay substantively up to date on relevant laws and regulations;
• Assist in operating the Regulatory and Compliance risk assessment module and follow up on risk mitigation processes
• Proper administration of SAP Code of Business Conduct and ensuring single point of contact for issues relating to the Code.
• Track and report compliance issues to OEC management on a periodic basis
• The position reports to the VP, Regional Compliance Officer EMEA MEE and will be based in SAP s offices in Dubai
Experience and Educational Requirements
Minimum 3 - 5 years of work experience, especially legal experience in compliance in an international environment.
Corporate compliance department and/or law or audit firm experience highly desired.
• Fluent business and legal English
• Accredited lawyer or other experienced compliance professional with legal background is required
• Strong grasp of code of conduct, business ethics policies and current compliance practices
• Experience handling compliance investigations highly desirable
• Demonstrated ability to manage senior leadership in dynamic environments
• Experience in the areas of detection and prevention of fraud or corruption preferred
• Demonstrated ability to work with international, virtual teams with sensitivity to cultural differences
• Very good communication and collaboration skills
• Comfortable in MS office tools and IT business environment
• Previous experience in the IT industry is preferable.