Educate A Child (hereafter EAC ) is a global program of EAA (Education Above All) with an aim to significantly reduce the number of children worldwide who are denied their right to education by providing learning opportunities. EAC works with partner organizations towards its mission to trigger significant breakthroughs in providing out of school children, facing extreme poverty, cultural barriers, and belonging to conflict-affected environments, an opportunity for a full course of quality primary education.
Monitoring and evaluation are synergistic and interdependent. Monitoring is a continuing function undertaken by EAC and its partners, which uses systematic collection of data to provide management and the main stakeholders of on-going project or program with early indications of success or lack thereof, against the progress in the use of allocated resources. And, Evaluation is the periodic assessment of either completed or on-going project or program to determine the extent to which they are achieving stated objectives, or the extent to which change (success or failure) in the targeted results can be attributed to its interventions.
Responsible for coordination of the design, implementation and reporting of the evaluation and Learning and Knowledge management components of the EAC M&E Functions- Including formative and summative evaluations, case studies, surveys, and other assessments of EAC program activities and providing technical guidance and support to evaluation activities of partner projects.
Contribute to the further development of EAC s monitoring and evaluation system
• Work with M&E and Technical Teams to lead and coordinate the development of concepts, implementation processes and tools for the EAC Evaluation, Learning and Knowledge management functions.
• Analyse and cross-compare data in project proposals, semi-annual reports (M&E, technical narrative and financial), and end of project reports and evaluations for identifying projects with promising practices for further studies (e.g., project evaluation, case study, research, etc.)
• Propose annual plans and implement innovative summative and formative evaluation activities of EAC program and provide technical guidance and support to partner projects on their evaluations and assessments including baseline surveys, special studies, case studies, etc. This includes developing tools, Meta data analysis, report writing and publishing.
• Participate and provide technical input (including tools and formats) for assessments of suitability of proposed projects for EAC support, capacity of partners to implement as proposed, and monitoring of results throughout the project cycle from initial EoI to the final project closeout.
• Work closely with other M&E team members to provide technical input for development of new (or improvement of existing) M&E frame works--including development of educational indicators, for the different EAC program initiatives such as At Risk , transition to post-primary education.
Budgets and Plan
• Provide input to M&E departmental planning and budgeting including staff ensuring that EAC program evaluation and assessment function is sufficiently resourced and appropriately structured to deliver on its objectives.
Systems and Processes
• Develop and oversee the implementation of EAC evaluation, learning and knowledge management policies, procedures and controls and standards are fulfilled to ensure that EAC and EAA deliver a world-class service.
• Manage the cost-efficient usage of all applicable resources to reduce wastage and unnecessary expense.
Change Management & Continuous Improvement
• Contribute to managing change in M&E and EAC teams by providing inputs for and taking part in change initiatives, programs and projects that reflect international best practice in M&E and changes in the competitive environment.
• Promote and drive continuous improvement across EAC information management systems as whole in order to achieve the organization s mission, vision and strategy.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
• Expert in quantitative, qualitative, and/or mixed methods research and evaluation methods, statistical design and analysis, particularly as applied to program evaluation.
• Knowledge of international donors, government ministries, civil society organizations, and education policy makers in the field of education
• Articulate oral and written communication skills in English
• Knowledge of Monitoring & Evaluation Tools, Techniques and Approaches
• Demonstrated ability to conduct qualitative and quantitative data analysis
• Management & communication skills
• Well organized, able to manage multiple tasks;
• Capable of working independently with minimal supervision but skillful in collaborating and coordinating with other project staff and partners;
• Master s Degree or or international equivalent in Education or related field. Ph.D preferred.
• Typically requires 5-8 years of relevant experience in management of large projects and/or programs. Preferably 10 years of work experience.
• Has ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
• Proficient writing and verbal communication skills.
• Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
• Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language.
• Experience in specialized technical/medical field of study.
Typical Physical Demands:
• Typical office environment.
• Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
• Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
• Travel Required