• Counsel and provide legal guidance on the day-to-day legal transactions, such as sales, leases and the grant of other real estate rights and interests
• Predominantly this will involve close contact with the relevant Business units and drafting and reviewing legal documents.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review and draft all contracts and legal documents (sales, leasing, general real estate and general commercial) within scope of legal specialty.
• Provide advice on the interpretation and application of contractual and statutory provisions in order to implement and enforce legal contracts or assist the Business in devising strategies for negotiations and legal issues.
• Liaising generally with the relevant Business units such as asset management, development, commercial across a wide range of real estate developments and transactions (mainly residential, retail, commercial, and land, for development, sales, leasing and asset management).
• Assist with legal disputes and arbitrations, mainly through external advocates, including handling contract breaches by third parties and the subsequent termination process.
• Provide input on risk mitigation strategies on contracts (Sales, leasing, development).
• Provide input on, and preparing, policies across the full range of legal specialty for implementation within the Business.
• Ensure successful implementation of the new real estate property law.
• Report to: General Counsel
• Internal Reports From: N/A
• External Interaction: Consultants
• Recommend or Approve Spend: N/A
KEY RESULT AREAS:
• Review of contracts (sales, leasing, general real estate and general commercial).
• Development of risk mitigation strategies on contracts.
• Regular working hours. Indoor Office.
RELATED YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
• Min of: 12 years of legal experience in relevant industry, preferably in real estate or development organization
YOE IN MANAGERIAL POSITION
• Min of: 4 years of managerial experience / middle management level.
• Experience with HR Contracts and disciplinary matters etc would be advantageous.
FIELD OF EXPERIENCE
• Real Estate / Legal services / law firms / property development
TECHNICAL AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
• Excellent documentation skills
• Systematic organizing capability
• Ability to deal with senior executives
• Time management
• Negotiating skills
• Excellent communication and relationship management skills
• Arabic language preferred but not mandatory.
• Bachelor degree in Law