The role of the Security Department at Expo 2020 site oversees all aspects of Security across all phases of the Expo 2020 program, from construction, event delivery and legacy.
The role of the VIP Protection function is principally concerned with supporting all security activities and liaison associated with International Participants, including Presidential/Royal Guard, VIP and CIP guests, Protocol and Real Estate, including Expo Village and Pavilions.
The purpose of the role of the Senior Manager, Protocol VIP Protection is to act as the focal point for Protocol Security matters, working closely with the Expo Protocol Department and other external entities. The Senior Manager is expected to initiate, develop and support communication between various stakeholders and the protocol on behalf of Security.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Prepare a strategic plan in consultation with Director of VIP Security and relevant stakeholders through identifying the requirements for Protocol;
- Support the Director VIP Protection in defining the short, medium and long-term goals and objectives for the function;
- Develop and Implement security services and initiatives as identified within the Security strategic plan for Protocol, monitoring progress, and review to ensure effective delivery;
- Develop security initiatives for Protocol as required against plans and evolving requirements to ensure effective delivery;
- Act as the focal point for Protocol, including briefings and identifying other special unique security arrangements;
- Manage Protocol Security resources to ensure all support services, incidents, and routine logistics are actioned appropriately;
- Manage and coordinate security requirements and programme milestones between internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective delivery;
- Liaise and coordinate with the relevant security requirements of each country, understanding relevant Protocol Plans and requirements, to ensure that all plans are implemented.