IDC is looking for a Senior Market Research Analyst for its Devices Team, to be based out of the Dubai office. The successful candidate will serve operations in Dubai as well as support the regional goals and business strategy in the Middle East and Africa region.
IDC is a premier global market analysis, advisory and events firm focused on the ICT sector. We are headquartered in Framingham, MA, USA, and have offices in over 50 countries worldwide, employing over 1500 analysts and consultants. Our headquarters for the Middle East, Turkey and Africa (META) region, is based in Dubai, UAE.
IDC offers information products and consulting services to global and local IT vendors, telecom operators, national ICT development agencies, regulators, and CIOs and IT decision makers across various industries. Our research and advisory cover all major technology markets such as cloud, datacenters, mobility, devices, enterprise software, security, the Internet of Things (IoT), big data analytics and others.
Our solutions support ICT providers in such areas as business strategy and planning, portfolio strategy, competitive strategy and go to market strategies.
Our information products include market trackers, reports and subscription services, and custom advisory / consulting engagements.
In addition to research and advisory, IDC organizes numerous ICT-themed events targeted at IT decision makers across various industries. The events provide a platform for key stakeholders of the ICT industry to come together to discuss latest technology trends and their impact.
The Senior Research Analyst will be responsible for:
• Conducting primary and secondary research for IT devices and technologies domain including but not limited to: Mobile Phones
• Performing market sizing/brand share for the MEA region
• Analyzing and understanding business and market trends from large data sets
• Building and maintaining a network of Vendors, Channel Partners and other technology industry players in MEA region including traders and re-exporters
• Writing insightful reports (including publications and press releases) with ability to draw meaningful conclusions from data
• Contributing to custom research engagements
• Contributing to business development by building and maintaining industry relationships
• Public speaking and periodic public presentations at IDC events and client s workshops
• Minimum 3-5 years experience in similar analytical position or relevant work experience in research is strongly preferred
• Experience in either telecom operators, mobile phone vendors, top tier channel partners (retailers, distributors) is a MUST with clear established knowledge of the mobile phones and/or devices industry
• Experience with primary and secondary research; solid interview and research skills
• High proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office software packages
• Regularly work with quantitative market sizing and forecast tools
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Excellent writing and presentation skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and strictly adhere to deadlines
• Willingness to travel
• Must be a self-starter, with the ability to work independently in a results-oriented environment
• Ability to multitask and take on new responsibilities with the growth of program
• Team player, willingness to collaborate and help other team members