Experience: 5 years Plus
High School Diploma
• Performs a variety of technical and skilled mechanic functions for vehicle and equipment maintenance and repair, including, but not limited to, fleet vehicles, such as automobiles and light trucks; light and heavy equipment, such as tractors and graders; and parks tools and equipment, such as mowers, chain saws, pumps, sprayers, and trimmers. Ensures that vehicles and equipment are available for use and consistently maintained in a safe and clean condition.
• Operates a variety of tools, welding equipment, and mechanical hoists and cranes.
• Conducts road testing to ensure that vehicles and equipment operate within prescribed parameters.
• Reads and interprets manuals, drawings, and specifications.
• Provides lead direction and training to lower-level staff; reviews completed work to ensure quality and completeness; and provides input to supervisor on staff performance.
• Evaluates assigned work projects, including materials and staff resources needed to perform the work; estimates time, materials, and equipment necessary for the successful completion of work projects; acquires necessary resources as appropriate.
• Inspects vehicles and equipment for safety and security; identifies and reports hazardous conditions and maintenance needs to supervisor.