8 years experience in performance engineering for highly available and scalable applications including 3+ years experience in Reliability and Choas Enginerring both for on-premises and cloud setup.
Experience working with Organizations/functions with a large suite of mission critical applications/solutions
• Well demonstrated performance testing, performance analysis and tuning experience of Web, Mobile (Hybrid and Native) and Thick Client Applications
• Strong understanding of Architecture, including Microservices Architecture, SOA and cloud hosted large scale systems (at all levels system, network, integration, data) and a sound knowledge [SEA-HBP1] of performance patterns and anti-patterns
• Front-end/UI performance testing and analysis experience across Websites and Mobile Apps, with tools/solutions like WebPageTest, lighthouse, Device Farms, etc.
• Practising knowledge of implementing and using Application Performance Management Tools like AppDynamics, DynaTrace, New Relic etc., and open source profiling tools
• Vast experience is troubleshooting performance bottlenecks across multiple layers
• Well-versed in distributed tracing solutions and implementation of the same
• Experience working with both Commercial and open-source load testing tools Loadrunner, Performance Center, jmeter, Gatling, Taurus
• Proven experience in setting up Chaos Engineering practices (including infrastructure) and using chaos testing tools like Chaos monkey, Gremlin or other cloud-native tools
• Working knowledge of service virtualization tools such as CA Service Virtualization, Parasoft Virtualize, etc. and open source mocking tools/frameworks like wiremock, mockito, jmockit, etc.
• Hands-on operational experience working with UNIX and Windows environments, and troubleshooting environment, OS or configuration related issues
• Deep knowledge of Relational and No-SQL Databases, and identifying and fixing DB related issues.
• Hands-on experience working with containers, container management and orchestration
• Experience working with large cloud service providers (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, etc.) like Azure, AWS, GDP etc.
• Excellent grasp of infrastructure monitoring solutions using both Monitoring tools and native monitoring
• Proven experience in building Workload models for complex systems using analytics and user-pattern analysis
• Experience in Capacity planning and Management activities
• Proven track record working in Agile and Waterfall projects
• Solid understanding of DevOps practices, including Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Continuous Delivery
• Demonstrable experience is setting up performance quality gates within the CI/CD pipeline (at a component level, integration level)
• Understanding of TDD and BDD is a plus
• Understanding of SRE concepts and experience leading a team of SREs is a plus
• Project Management and TOGAF certifications are a plus
• Excellent communication, relationship and negotiation skills to establish a performance driven culture
• Ability to communicate with all technology partners, be it architecture, design, engineering, operations or infrastructure management
• Demonstrable experience communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
• Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results
• Ability to work effectively within a leadership team in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and ability to hold others accountable.
• Strong people management skills with a proven ability to hire and grow teams of Software Quality Engineers
• Experience of working with vendors and acceptance of third party products