Senior Performance Monitoring Engineer
ADNOC is one of the world's leading energy producers, and a primary catalyst for the growth and diversification of the United Arab Emirates.
Our diverse family of more than 50,000 employees is made up of over 100 different nationalities. People from different backgrounds, with unique perspectives and wide-ranging skillsets, who share a collective responsibility: to enable and accelerate progress, both here in the UAE and across the globe.
Here at ADNOC, we go beyond business as usual. We do things differently, challenge convention, and embrace new ways of thinking. This is what defines and differentiates us. By working together every day, we re bringing energy to life.
This job is for ADNOC-Refining
Responsible for monitoring Key Performance Measures and RR Score Card; validates integrity of performance measurement and reporting practices, and reviews performance targets to align with industry standards, strategic objectives and ADNOC guidelines.
Analyses performance trends, identifies gaps and improvement opportunities, and develops corrective action plans. Follows up with departments to close performance gaps.
Manages performance benchmarking studies, interprets results and prepares management reports.
Prepares regular management reports with explanation of deviations in Unit yields, cost trends, quality and other parameters, highlighting causes and suggesting corrective action.
Mass Balance Reconciliation & Models update:
• Reviews refinery reconciled mass balance outcomes, yield and loss analysis on daily basis, and generates relevant advisory for operations departments.
• Monitors daily, monthly and yearly plant and utility production balances and reports deviations and inefficiencies.
• Prepares Detailed Loss Break Up as per IP method and performs break up analysis on losses with Refinery.
• Reviews the Refinery Mass balance reconciliation Models periodically to update modifications (if any).
• Tracks plant availability & asset utilization and energy performance to project plant capability in coordination with process engineering, operations and maintenance planning.
Develops a monthly and yearly follow-up for break down of actual costs for Refinery Operations. In close coordination with Finance Division, provides inputs for product Costing Model for refining operations.
• Coordinates Performance monitoring and reporting activities; monthly and quarterly updating of Performance scorecard [Corporate, Division and Department]; and RR key performance measures monitoring and reporting for Refinery.
• Analyzes Refinery production plans (AOP, MOP) and develops performance targets for monitoring refinery utilization, energy performance, chemicals and Utilities Consumptions.
• Reviews RR performance measures in practice (KPI & KM) to determine relevance and alignment with company strategic objectives; develops new performance metrics and modifies existing measures.
• Analyzes performance trends in asset availability and utilization, cost and energy performance, chemicals and utilities consumptions and develops performance improvement initiatives in consultation with operation departments
• Coordinates with Departments and Management in translating the benchmarking analysis results into road maps to ensure the Division performance targets are complied with.
Coordinates the setting up of Departmental annual work plans to ensure the Division performance targets are complied with.
International Benchmarking Studies:
• Carries out activities related to refinery performance benchmarking study (Solomon); includes input data collection & validation for process units, operating expenses, manpower, process outages, plant turnaround, energy consumption, and product quality.
• Analyse the study results, and interacts with concerned departments to highlight root causes of performance gaps.
• Coordinates with Departments and Management in translating the benchmarking analysis results into roadmaps for performance improvement.
Optimization / improvement & Analysis
• Works closely with Operations, Planning Engineers and Process Engineers to discuss deviations and translates these into economic benefits. Identifies causes and suggests corrective actions. Liaises with Head Office Corporate Support and Finance Divisions and performs analysis of monthly performance and refining margins variance.
• Works with process engineering personnel to identify and evaluate requirements for plant modification, expansion, upgrading and modernization and assists in developing investment plans to ensure latest technology and best options are incorporated for Refinery, Storage & Pipeline Operations.
• Carries out other similar or related duties, as assigned. Includes using personal computer extensively to develop various report formats, providing data to Head Office for the maintenance of a master data base, etc.
• Be a part of company Strategy Planning and Performance Management System implementation, maintenance and data input.
• B.Sc. Degree in Chemical / Mechanical or Petroleum Processing Engineering.
• 9 years of Refinery/Gas Plant/petrochemical plant experience, including minimum 3 years in Performance Monitoring. Work experience utilising Process Historian, laboratory information system (LIMS), and Refinery Mass Balance Reconciliation application and other enabling IT systems.
• Knowledge of Oil & Gas Industry benchmarking study (Solomon Study) input data requirement/validation & results / Gap analysis.
• Knowledge of Industry Performance Standards, performance measures (KPIs/KMs), and performance management practices.
• Familiar with Operating cost elements, budget plan & 5 year plan.