Plans, supervises, coordinates and controls the collection, analysis and evaluation of petrophysical data necessary to predict the presence of hydrocarbons in wells for calculations of oil and gas reserves and for reservoir studies in order to assist in formulating appropriate field development plans.
• Directs and participates in interpretation and evaluation of petrophysical data to determine presence and type of hydrocarbons, fluid contacts, rock matrix lithological model and physical properties
• Reviews and consolidates reports, and liaises with other team members to integrate petrophysical data and study results.
• Advises on well completion, casing depths, cementation quality and tubular goods for anticipated surveys including corrosion.
• Coordinates and participates in formulating petrophysical contributions to exploration, appraisal, field development and reservoir studies. Includes establishing parameters and methodology; and liaising with contractors.
• Presents petrophysical findings and recommendations to management and other concerned parties, as required.
• Defines terms of reference, scope of work, methodology, parameters, timing and costs for contractors/consultants involved in petrophysical work
• Performing ongoing review and update of existing data quality control procedure and monitor its application to maintain consistent acquired data quality.
• Developing procedures, quality check and standards for digitizing all forms of petrophysical data.
• Review available data to develop and verify formation evaluation and reservoir characterization model.
• Controls petrophysical data handling and processing and processing techniques on single well or multi wells
(key wells or field wide) basis
• Optimization of rock physical properties for accurate formation evaluation, reservoir characterization and
• Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
• Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
• Provide input for preparation of the Section / Department budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
• Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Implement approved Section / Department policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Section’s / Department work programs in line with Company and International standards.
• Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Section / Department in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
• Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with
ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
• Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and CO. Code of Practices.
• Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Internal
• Daily interactions with VP - Development and staff within the department and division regarding project execution.
• Frequent contacts with OPCO staff, on joint studies or sub surface projects carried out by the OPCOs.
• Occasional contacts with consultants and contractors on projects carried out for Co..