Apply OnlineAdd to My Job CartShare
Job Description - Senior Petroleum Engineer - DHLUNB00286 (19000002)
Senior Petroleum Engineer - DHLUNB00286 - (19000002)
35%Technical: Provide petroleum and production engineering input for well work and reservoir development activities
1. Provide input into the well planning and design process with respect to target production or injection rates, sizing and selection of tubing and downhole equipment, lift methods and anticipated operating conditions.
2. Analyze well and production system performance based on comparing predicted versus actual production rates, water cuts, gas-oil ratios (GORs) and pressures at various points in the system. Use this comparison to identify possible operating problems or system bottlenecks.
3. Analyze field data and technical studies including results of well tests, production performance, and production logging surveys, repeat formation tests and PVT fluid analysis.
4. Perform sensitivity analyses to determine the feasibility and potential benefits of increasing inflow performance, lowering water cuts or GORs, increasing tubing or flowline capacity, installing artificial lift or adjusting other system parameters.
5. Evaluate candidate wells for stimulation, perforation or artificial lift, and recommend the optimal course of action based on technical, operational and economic considerations.
6. Model and track field performance using production performance software (Prosper & GAP)
7. Define production bottlenecks and solutions
8. Complete evaluation invoices.
Operational: Support engineering and operations staff in implementing field development plans.
1. Monitor performance of existing artificial lift installations and identify deviations from optimal production behavior. Troubleshoot operating problems and recommend corrective action as needed.
2. Plan and implement well servicing and workover procedures to replace downhole equipment, repair mechanical problems and install artificial lift or other downhole equipment.
3. Work with production operations staff to implement a program of fluid sampling, production tests, pressure tests, production logging and other surveillance activities designed to understand and control well performance.
4. Generate well work programs for completion, workover, intervention, sand control and other activities designed to safely and efficiently meet field production targets.
5. Monitor surface facilities performance. Evaluate the effectiveness of facility components and chemical treatment programs and evaluate their effectiveness in mitigating such problems as scale formation, asphaltene and paraffin deposition, corrosion, emulsions and sour gas contamination. Work with operations staff to optimize facility performance.
6. Design and lead the implementation of artifical lift in old wells to extend production life
Control: Policy, procedure and risk mitigation.
1. Ensure that field performance and production targets are achieved safely and efficiently in accordance with company HSE policy and oil and gas industry best practices.
2. Maintain compliance with Dragon Oil guidelines and requirements regarding the gathering, quality control, maintenance, storage and retrieval of technical data.
3. Ensure compliance with and proper application of company procedures and internal regulations, including those pertaining to confidential information, and recommend updates as needed.
4. Research applied technologies and recommend new technologies to efficiency of production
Liaison and coordination:
1. Serve as a primary link between reservoir engineering, drilling and field operations groups to coordinate work schedules and objectives.
2. Liaise with field personnel to identify and address well integrity and other operating issues.
3. Provide assistance in data analysis and input for reservoir modeling and simulation projects.