Position title - Piping/Welding Inspector; Senior Piping/Welding Inspector (onshore)
Duration - 6 months to 1 year (with possible extension)
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Metallurgy Engineering
CSWIP 3.1/3.2 & AWS - CWI & SCWI ASNT Level 2 (UT,RT,PT,MT) - PCN ERS ASNT certifications for Piping/Welding Inspector
CSWIP 3.2 & AWS - CWI & SCWI ASNT Level 2 (UT,RT,PT,MT) certifications for Senior Piping/Welding Inspector
• Candidates having experience representing Owner/User as performing inspections as part of Project Management Team will be given preference
• Weld Procedures including reviewing WPS, PQRS, and welder qualifications; confirming that correct WPS is applied per weld map; Witnessing mechanical and/or radiographic testing of weld qualifications.
• Visual Inspection including edge preparation of base material; fit-up and alignment of joints; qualification of welders; confirming proper consumables are being used (including material and diameters); confirming proper cleaning between passes; confirming proper machine settings ; ensuring proper preheat and PWHT set-up and performance; Verifying welders' identification on completed welds.
• Non-destructive Testing including radiography technique and radiographic review; dye penetrant; magnetic particle; ultrasonic; hardness test; positive material identification (PMI) test; on-site chemical test; crack-depth indication; All other NOE tests, as required.
• Shop Inspection including verifying proper handling and issuance of consumables; reviewing MTRs for base material and consumables; confirming traceability of materials (alloy, low-temperature carbon steel, pressure retaining components, and other critical materials); monitor shop- welding documentation; verify proper handling of material; inspection of cladding processes and clad materials; Pressure Testing
• Witness pressure tests (hydrostatic and/or pneumatic).
• Review Disciplines' Quality Control Documentation /or Completeness.
• Note for Structural Fabrication Welding Inspection: In addition to the above activities, the inspector shall confirm dimensions and sizes of structural components during fabrication and erection, verify welding of appurtenances - such as ladders, walkways, handrails, etc.