The Plumbing Senior Technician acts as team lead, providing training and mentorship to Plumbing Technicians. Installs, repairs, and maintains plumbing systems.
• Installs, repairs, and maintains chilled water, steam, heat, water, gas, drainage, sewage, and other plumbing systems.
• Operates reamers, threading discs, sewer tapes, pipe cutters, snakes, and other plumbing equipment and hand tools.
• Inspects joints, valves, pumps, boilers, heaters, sinks, commodes, tanks, valves, and other plumbing system components to locate malfunctions, and repairs or replaces when necessary.
• Performs preventative maintenance work as required. Assess and repair outside and inside underground gravity grease traps and oil/water separator systems.
• Install valve stations and valves throughout the installation to control/sectionalize water flow and to control water flow during repairs
• Maintain, test and repair fire water service hydrants as required for installation life safety; removing standing water from the ground if it presents a life/health/safety issue or prevents completion of critical operations; repair of all piping conveying water or wastewater that service any facility or real property; repair includes replacement (not to exceed DSW complexity as defined in AFPAM32-1 125V1, Chapter 3) if facility utilization requires upgraded sizing of pipes
• Repair of all plumbing components that are not IAW with plumbing codes and are failed/failing/unserviceable; replacement of failed/failing water or sewer lines to restore the system to its intended function; and refurbishing of standpipe filling stations with proper valves and connections including standardization throughout the installation.
• Wastewater collection and distribution system and associated components shall be maintained IAW plumbing codes.
• Other duties as assigned by management
• Minimum of Five (5) years of experience in plumbing related work.
• Fluent in reading, writing, speaking, and understanding English to correctly interpret documents, understand customer requests, etc.
• A valid HOR driver's license
• Journeyman Level Plumber or higher desired but not required, preferably with formal apprenticeship training in an accredited learning environment such as: water plant operations; water systems; connection of existing mains; the pumping, treatment, storage and distribution of potable/industrial water.
• High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
• Preferred Military and or AFCAP/LOGCAP experience.
• Good people skills
• Experience in working within and or around military environment.
• Proficiency in time management.