Reports to: Engineering Discipline Manager (Process Engineering)
This position will be responsible to:
• Lead one/more projects, assist the Process Engineering Manager in managing the team and act on his behalf during the absence of the Manager.
• Fully proficient at providing process engineering of production and gas treating equipment design during all phases from proposal to operation of the equipment.
• Central responsibility is review and control of process P&ID s, equipment functionality and application to provide a cost effective design for manufacturing that meets the customer's requirements. These designs include natural gas and liquids production equipment and related equipment and facilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: (may include, but are not limited to)
• Provide technical guidance to the process engineers
• Develop man-hour estimates, review with engineering management for approval and submission to the project.
• Initiate the development and approve project specific work methods, standards and specifications to ensure quality control is maintained.
• Ensure a safe, efficient plant design is developed to comply with agreed project standards.
• Maintain up to date technical knowledge to ensure appropriate input into designs and most cost effective design techniques are utilized.
• Liaise with other discipline to facilitate effective & timely completion of the projects
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education and Relevant Experience/Training:
• Chemical Engineering Degree with a minimum of 15 years of engineering experience of which at least 5 years should be in Senior Engineer/Project Lead Position in the Oil & Gas Industry.
• Knowledge of process modeling and simulation software such as with HYSYS, Promax, Flarenet, HTRI, etc.
• Knowledge of design, simulation and services related to plant systems, specification of equipment and piping, development of Process Flow Diagrams and piping and instrumentation diagrams.
• Experience in creation of material selection charts, process safety flow schemes, process design bases, technical design instructions and discipline work practices.
• Experience in conceptual design studies, feed and detailed engineering of production equipment and facilities including: Oil & Gas Separators, Oil & Gas Dehydration, Gas Sweetening, Gas Dew pointing & Refrigeration Cryogenic plants and Produced Water Systems
• Experience in HAZID/HAZOP meetings, Process Audits, Safety Audits and Environmental Audits.
• Display ability to balance technical / HSE requirements against implementation costs.
• Display an ability to provide technical support for proposal works and come up with man-hours estimation in addition to raising technical queries to accurately define the project scope of work.
• Provide Engineering support to operations and commissioning disciplines.
• Experience in operating and commissioning process units.
• Experience in EPC and Package environment.
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
• Conversant with relevant process design/simulation tools (e.g Hysys, Promax, Flarenet, HTRI).
• Sound working knowledge of relevant industry codes and standards.
View Us On LinkedIn
Manage Your Applications