Position: Senior Product Designer, Ride-Hailing Captain Mobile Apps
Careem (acquired by Uber) - Dubai
Careem is the everyday super app for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region s ride-hailing economy, Careem, which was recently acquired by Uber, is expanding services across its platform to include mass transportation, payments, and delivery. Careem s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 90 cities across 14 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region with headquarters based in Dubai and Berlin, and offices around MENA.
About the role
Being a Senior Product Designer at Careem gives you the chance to strategise, ideate and work on exciting projects with the prospect of reaching millions of users across the region! We're looking for someone who is not just creative but also has an eye for detail, for all things related to UI and UX. If you are someone, who is passionate, experienced and knows what it means to design, build, evaluate and iterate to find product solutions that are both useful and delightful, then this is the role for you!
Key responsibilities include:
• Collaborate with product management and engineering to understand and validate users problems
• Work closely within a cross-functional team to define innovative experiences that result in improved user experience and business value
• Own the ideation & prototyping process and use design thinking methodologies to fulfil user and business needs
• Produce mockups and wireframes for user testing and for stakeholder feedback, and UX/UI specifications for engineering implementations
• Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity to complex design roadblocks that span Careem's mobile products
• Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
• Work with product managers and copywriters to assist your user
• Have to be in Dubai and be physically located with our teams.
• Have in-depth knowledge of users from MENA region
• Able to mentor a team of inhouse and contract designers
• Willingness to travel and meet our captains and help us build a great experience
• 7 years experience designing consumer products across multiple platforms including iOS, Android and optionally Web.
• Ability to take a holistic view on projects and think of start to end scenarios to deliver around all aspects of a project
• Ability to articulate problems and solutions with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Prior experience of working as part of agile squads.
• A solid understanding of following and creating design language patterns
• Experience in conducting user interviews and usability studies
• Hands on experience of using analytics to iterate on designs
• Experience of working in a fast-paced iterative environment - Incorporating feedback, launching quickly, setting measures for success and learning from what gets shipped.
• A strong portfolio showcasing examples of good design and problem-solving skills. Case studies and a deep dive into the process are encouraged.